• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

FreeportBum's: Free Beer and Hot wings 2014 Glog

2014 Grow List. May need to add a few thing's if I can find them  :twisted:

UBSC- Red
UBSC- Brown
TSMB
TSMB- Yellow
TSMB- Satan's Strain
TSMB- Caramel
TSMB- Brown
Bahamian Goat
Peach Bhut
Yellow Douglah
Antilles Fire
7 Pod Rennie
7 Pod Chaguanas
7 Pod Bubblegum
7 Pod Orange X
7 Pod Madballz
7 Pod White
Sepia Serpent
Sunrise Scorpion
Red Foodarama Bonnet
Yellow TFM Bonnet
Douglah x Chocolate Scorpion
Butch T x Yellow Scorpion
John Doe Cayenne x 7 Pod Yellow
Armageddon 
Cream Fatalii
Chocolate Fatalii
SB7J
John Doe Cayenne
Yellow Manzano
Orange Manzano

Happy growing everyone  :cheers:

Damn Devan!  Your garden is absolutely amazing.  That garlic you sent me last year was absolutely divine to say the least. Everything looks awesome man.  Anyway you can tell me what kind of garlic that was from last year.  Gonna have to find some bulbs to start for sure.  Anyways,  keep it up the fine work.  Looking forward to more of your garden!

Excellent start to the season Devan! You've definitely got a handle on things this year. We've been having a cold spring down this way, how are the temperatures up there?

Jamison said:
Damn Devan!  Your garden is absolutely amazing.  That garlic you sent me last year was absolutely divine to say the least. Everything looks awesome man.  Anyway you can tell me what kind of garlic that was from last year.  Gonna have to find some bulbs to start for sure.  Anyways,  keep it up the fine work.  Looking forward to more of your garden!
Hi Jamison thanks for the kind words. The garlic I sent was my own stock I have been growing for many years. It's a porcelain variety that I call brickyard. If you remind me in fall I will send you some heads to plant.  I have 4 really nice plants from the rennie seeds you sent me, will post pics of them when they start to take off in the garden. 

stickman said:
Excellent start to the season Devan! You've definitely got a handle on things this year. We've been having a cold spring down this way, how are the temperatures up there?
Thanks Rick hope all is well with you my friend. Weather in Maine... what can I say it's crazy. Less then a week ago it was 37F when I woke up! few nights this week in low 40's but things are looking better.  I had the fabric on the garden for about a month warming up the soil, so I think that helped some. I don't cover anything up so it's do or die at this point  :cheers:

romy6 said:
 Looking really good Dev. You are a master grower for shiznit . 
Thanks Jamie and happy belated birthday   :cheers:

JesterJoker said:
awesome.. good to see others in Maine growing peppers... I'm a little bit away.. I'm in Bangor/Hampden area.
Thanks. I see you like the BBG7 as well, good choice.  :beer:

Peppers are finally over their awkward hardening off/ transplanting phase and starting to put out some nice new growth. Random pics I took this morning, large manzano has around 3 dozen pods set and growing!!!  Happy summer folks  :cheers:
peppers624_zpsba5186bc.jpg

Thai Hazelwood
hazel5_zps8e93244f.jpg

Fava Bean Flowers
favabeans624_zpsfeaaec46.jpg

Manzano
manzano_zpsd381e3d1.jpg

manzano1_zpsc091da37.jpg

hazel3_zps012a7724.jpg

Potato blossom 
potatoflower_zps4587a6ba.jpg

Finger Hoot
fingerhoot_zpsa4c246c2.jpg

Potato box getting crazy
potatobed_zpsf4083687.jpg

Shiitake Logs 
shiitake_zps9d38a579.jpg

Everything's looking stellar Devan... the spring weather did good for you this year! :dance: I'm still using your hot salt, but it's going slowly since I have high blood pressure and can't really let go... :rolleyes:  Continued success brother!

stickman said:
Everything's looking stellar Devan... the spring weather did good for you this year! :dance: I'm still using your hot salt, but it's going slowly since I have high blood pressure and can't really let go... :rolleyes:  Continued success brother!

Thanks for the kind words Rick, weather has been crazy here. I won't need to water the garden for sometime that's for sure.

Few random pics-
This little guy had me fooled at first. He was sitting on one of my thai hazelwood plants trying to catch insects flying into the flowers
mantis1_zps8c91bdd2.jpg

mantis3_zps677601cc.jpg

mantis4_zps4e32edcd.jpg

mantis2_zpsaef07edf.jpg

Large pube has over 4 dozen pods set!
manzano-7-6-14_zps22d5f464.jpg

Really stoked about this. My oyster mushroom logs are already showing mycelium rings on the end of the logs in under 5 weeks! 
7-6-14oyster_zps18e147ea.jpg

Walla walla's starting to bulb up
onions-7-6-14_zps312abad5.jpg

couple foodie pics- Some really nice chanterelle mushroom's that I foraged up and used to top this all from scratch burger.
IMG_1843_zps78a15537.jpg

IMG_1852_zpsbc57c76b.jpg

IMG_1856_zpsc44b47f6.jpg

More pics to come later today. Thanks for looking  :cheers:

Great Glog!

What a sweet garden.  Guess I'll have to spring another surprise trip to Bar Harbor on my wife again just so I can stop by your yard and see just how far my jaw can drop!

Wow, what an awesome-looking Wasp... I've never seen one before that had forelegs like a Preying Mantis! Nice score on the Mushrooms, and the Onions look stellar. You're really layin' it down Devan... keep up the good great work!

stickman said:
Wow, what an awesome-looking Wasp... I've never seen one before that had forelegs like a Preying Mantis! Nice score on the Mushrooms, and the Onions look stellar. You're really layin' it down Devan... keep up the good great work!
Morning Rick thanks for the kind words, the little wasp is actually a Brown Mantidfly, just like a little praying mantis.  Great camo, first time seeing one for me, thought he was a wasp at first.  :cheers:

Some pics from yesterday. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer  :cheers:
Big manzano filling out her 20gal
IMG_1982_zps9bfef603.jpg

Started to pull garlic here the last few days- looking really good
IMG_1974_zps11179c4d.jpg

Peppers looking good, middle row is all BBG7
IMG_1990_zps110db415.jpg

IMG_1992_zpsc50498e5.jpg

Thai Hazlewood
IMG_1996_zps16b496ed.jpg

BBG7
IMG_2003_zpsad2ef7e5.jpg

First pods set on one of my Caramel Moruga's  :beer:  :beer:
IMG_2001_zpseac115f9.jpg

Walla Walla's getting bigger everyday it seems- these are my favorite onion sweet like candy
IMG_2004_zps2baa94b4.jpg

Brown Moruga's 
IMG_1994_zpsf9d38391.jpg

And a foodie- Chicken burger that I ground and topped with grilled avocado,red onion on a homemade bun 
IMG_1971_zps0684291e.jpg

Thanks for looking. 

Alright Devan... the OW Pube and the Garlic are very impressive! How old is the Manzano? Looks like the Chinense varieties are just beginning to kick in for you now that things have finally warmed up. How many more weeks left to your season?

The foodie pic at the end with the burger and caramelized onions on top got my juices flowin' :drooling:

Back