• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

FreeportBum's: Free Beer and Hot wings 2014 Glog

2014 Grow List. May need to add a few thing's if I can find them  :twisted:

UBSC- Red
UBSC- Brown
TSMB
TSMB- Yellow
TSMB- Satan's Strain
TSMB- Caramel
TSMB- Brown
Bahamian Goat
Peach Bhut
Yellow Douglah
Antilles Fire
7 Pod Rennie
7 Pod Chaguanas
7 Pod Bubblegum
7 Pod Orange X
7 Pod Madballz
7 Pod White
Sepia Serpent
Sunrise Scorpion
Red Foodarama Bonnet
Yellow TFM Bonnet
Douglah x Chocolate Scorpion
Butch T x Yellow Scorpion
John Doe Cayenne x 7 Pod Yellow
Armageddon 
Cream Fatalii
Chocolate Fatalii
SB7J
John Doe Cayenne
Yellow Manzano
Orange Manzano

Happy growing everyone  :cheers:

stickman said:
Alright Devan... the OW Pube and the Garlic are very impressive! How old is the Manzano? Looks like the Chinense varieties are just beginning to kick in for you now that things have finally warmed up. How many more weeks left to your season?

The foodie pic at the end with the burger and caramelized onions on top got my juices flowin' :drooling:
Thanks for the kind words Rick, the large manzano was started 9-3-13. Sadly the manzanos I planted in the ground have yet to set a pod, and one of the plants is almost 6ft tall from the ground up.  Maybe 10 weeks left, first frost date is 9/26 I think but as you know that could go either way. Chinense don't seem to enjoy the 50F nights and constant rain were still having but they are chugging along.   :cheers:

FreeportBum said:
Thanks for the kind words Rick, the large manzano was started 9-3-13. Sadly the manzanos I planted in the ground have yet to set a pod, and one of the plants is almost 6ft tall from the ground up.  Maybe 10 weeks left, first frost date is 9/26 I think but as you know that could go either way. Chinense don't seem to enjoy the 50F nights and constant rain were still having but they are chugging along.   :cheers:

Wow! If you started that Manzano last September your plant must be really lovin' your soil mix. I've found that Manzanos drop a lot of flowers even when conditions are right for setting fruit, but looking at the pic of your beast in the pot, I'm thinking it should have a lot more pods than I see. Maybe you're giving it too much Nitrogen and it's putting more energy into vegetative growth instead of flowers and pods.

I hear ya 'bout the rain and cool temps this spring and summer... Things finally warmed up here this summer, but there are no guarantees in New England, that's one reason why I plant so many Annuums... I'm gonna get a crop of heat in regardless. :)

Is that black landscaping fabric you're mulching your in-ground plants with? I've never done a side-by-side comparison of plants grown in it and the IRT plastic mulch to see if there's any difference in growth between the two, but I might next year to find out... I've been getting such good results with the IRT mulch that I haven't tried anything else with the peppers.

Cheers!

Caramel Moruga 
Cmoruga_zpsef9db5bf.jpg

Peach Bhut
peachbhut_zpsee635e3c.jpg

Brown Moruga
brownmoruga_zps1b7b6ae5.jpg

B.Goat
Bgoat_zps81ed61f1.jpg

B.Goat
BGoatpepper2014_zps963d26be.jpg

Douglah x choc. scorp
douglahxchoc_zpsde95441d.jpg

Chocolate Fatalii
chocfatali_zpsd1930312.jpg

SB7J
sb7j-Copy2_zps66acef6b.jpg

Armageddon
armegeddon_zpsc186139a.jpg

Both OSU Blue tomatoes
osublue_zps15fc4e06.jpg

Can I get a bump?  :cheers:

done /\

Thank you sir!

Orange 7 pod x 
7podorangex-Copy_zps28c1b216.jpg

Orange 7 pod x
7podorangex_zpsf0550871.jpg

Manzano
manzano2014_zps03cdafb9.jpg

IMG_2156_zpsdf9c9e74.jpg

IMG_2157_zpsc7840b11.jpg

More pepper pics this evening. Here's a couple foodie pics

33 layer crepe cake I made- not the best picture but this was crazy good. choc. butter cream frosting between the layers, then ganache over the whole thing. half vanilla crepes half chocolate crepes with a little blueberry preserve added to the butter cream.
pie_zpsbbe24a21.jpg

Blueberry Cheesecake 
pie1_zps57ee40cb.jpg

Wow Devan... you've got some good-looking pods poised on the edge of ripening! None of my Pubes have started ripening yet either, and only the MoA is for the Chinense. Hope it won't be much longer... things are gonna start to cool off in a couple of weeks. Cheers!

Monzano shot looks good. I wish mine were doing that well. Hope you have enough time before frost to get them all to ripen. THey seem to take a while.

Thanks for the kind words folks. I know what you mean about the manzanos taking FOREVER to ripen.  It had peppers on it when I moved it outdoors that are still green. When it starts to get cold I will just get crazy and build a small ramp so I can wheel her right into the house for the chilly nights. 

Back