• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

storage Freezing peppers.

Sure can! I've got a load of peppers in my freezer from boxes purchased this year. An added bonus to frozen peppers is they dehydrate a little quicker than fresh pods if you're looking for powder. Not sure on how long they actually last in the freezer  though.

They also chop easier...I keep mine in the freezer in ziplock bags until the next years harvest starts rolling in, then make sauce/powder with whatever is left.

I have a freezer full of pepper from the 2012 season. They are all doing fine and as Jamie says, work better for drying and powder making. They also work great for sauce making. 

Yep, I have been making a large batch of salsa every two weeks with my frozen peppers, and everyone tells me it taste as good as the stuff I made earlier in the year with fresh. It's nice to know frozen peppers are good for drying and powder making too, I did not know that.

Dude! Thanks a bunch guys. Now im totally sad about all the pods that went bad on me this season because I didn't know lol.

Next season here I come lol

Back