• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Fresh Bhut Jolokia S'Mores

I usually don't cook anything that is worthy of posting but thought I'd share this. Turned out really nice. The fresh Bhut flavor was a perfect compliment and the heat was nice but not overwhelming.

Here are the ingredients, you already know what they are. :)

DSC_0043.jpg

Sliced up the bhut and placed on the 72% chocolate. Microwaved for just a few seconds to soften the chocolate while roasting the marshmallows.

DSC_0045.jpg

Here is the finished product.

DSC_0046.jpg

Super simple and very tasty. :onfire:

what an interesting cutting board, what is that plastic insert on the handle? does it measure things? Thats sweet.

Yep, it has 2 inserts with measuring cups or whatever built in. I didn't need to measure anything for these s'mores though. :)
They were sooo good I made another batch...then I rubbed my eye. :tear: :fireball:

I did notice the UK contingent earlier, but did not get posting right away... sorry, M8's....

"graham crackers" are a flat, crunchy, slightly sweet, baked item made with graham flour.

(salsalady's observations)......graham crackers are especially yummy when heated gently, with melted chocolate and toasted marshmallows sandwiched in between or when simply dunked in milk.

One Wiki-site says- "The graham cracker (pronounced /ˈɡræm/ or /ˈɡreɪm/ or /ˈɡreɪ.əm/) (also graham wafer) was developed in 1829 in Bound Brook, New Jersey, by Presbyterian minister Rev. Sylvester Graham. Though called a cracker, it is sweet rather than salty and so bears some resemblance to a cookie—digestive biscuits are the closest approximation. The true graham cracker is made with graham flour, a combination of fine-ground white flour and coarse-ground wheat bran and germ. Graham crackers are often used for making s'mores and pie crusts."

It's probably comes back to the whole "biscuit/cracker/cookie" international debate thing. Whatever you call a flat, crispy, sweet "thing".....

When I hear "biscuit", I think of a fluffy buttermilk bready-type thing, some times made as a savory item with herbs and spices. I would describe "Scones" as a "sweet biscuit"...meaning something with a leavening agent and sugar in it. Usually served with a sweet jam/jelly.

I think in other areas, "biscuits" are similar to cookies...

....didn't we discuss this before? :?: what was the consensus? I don't remember.

Back