food FRESH JALAPENOS

skullbiker

eXtreme
Just picked, and ate the first fresh jalapenos this year from the garden. Picked at 4:30, wolfed down by 5:30. Biker Billys and Emerald Fires.

9C5AAA33-124A-473C-8547-416ED119B365.jpeg

Mr.joe said:
Looks great. I'm impressed with just how quickly you have fresh produce after your move. What's your preferred jalapeno to eat/ grow?
I like em all(mostly) for different reasons, big, small, hot, & not. Poppers, pickled, sauce, & relish. I try to grow at least one new(to me) type each year. Pretty much always grow Biker Billys and Emerald Fire, and frequently Gurneys Primo Jalapeno. This year I have added Orange Spice, Lemon Spice, and Mucho Nacho.

Chorizo857_62J said:
I have the Mucho Nachos this past year.  Large and good for poppers and slices, but not very hot.  I like to let them ripen to red for chipotle.
I dont remember specifically who posted it but a couple of people on the forum said they had good heat. Maybe they will chime in and confirm it. That was one of the reasons I planted them for this season.

Biker Billy, Lemon Spice and Zapotec are in the plan for us.  We always grow the Biker Billy and they have done great for us. They are our favorites.  We usually grow a un-named variety that I obtained in a trade many years ago and have selected over the years.  This year I've been persuaded to try the Lemon Spice and Zapotec.  I have seeds for the Emerald Fire but I don't how I can fit them in the plan.  We'll see how it goes.

impressive size on some of them. i`ve had some that were a good size but not as tall as a soda can. i never weighed peppers until last year when i got a couple of bells that got pretty good size so i threw them on a scale and each was over half a pound. i`ve always been impressed with your grows.  :cheers:
post-14576-0-09036400-1565537953_thumb.jpg

Back