Fresh Trinidad Scorpion Pods - ***OFFER CLOSED***

Are you still taking orders? I am willing to take my chances on the mail service on the weather and would like to try a pound. We are growing the ghost peppers for the first time this year, but none are ripe yet, and my husband is salivating form all the pictures of the scorpions.

my next harvest will be two weeks from today...I am learning the logistics of getting them from there to here (600+ miles) and shipping methods...

most people won't pay for overnight and the 2-3 day priority is iffy in this heat...

the first harvested peppers I sent out was a true learning experience for me when shipping in the heat...and I still have no answers except to ship peppers that are not totally ripe...which may be the way I have to go until the September cool down...hopefully only one more harvest before then...

thanks for all the kind words about the pods and the sauces you guys are making from it looks deliciously hot...

Please put me down for another 2 pounds :cheers:

Hopefully the shipping will go better this time. Have you thought about using dry ice?

-Peter

OK all...I am starting a new list and will try and go back and see how many requests I have...

After I have compiled the list, I will contact you to verify it...

I have thought long and hard about the transport from Miss to Tx and shipping...the pods will NOT be totally ripe...some may be mostly green...but...if you are looking for heat, I have read that pods that are just turning their ripe color are at their hottest...

I will be using dry ice to transport them but the problem with Dry Ice is I don't want the pods to freeze...and Dry Ice is -109F so that could be a problem...I will be separating the dry ice from the pods with a piece of 3/4" insulation board with a piece of 3/8" plywood on top of it or vice versa...this is all new to me...but if I can get them back to Ft Worth in good shape, I at least have the capacity to refrigerate about 60 lbs...

I have thought about the dry ice for shipping and don't think that will work because of sublimination of the frozen CO2...the more "air tight" a container, the longer the Dry Ice will last and with the priority boxes, well, you see where I'm going plus the fact the pods may freeze....there are cold packs for shipping that contain a gel and I may try and get some of these...just depends on the cost...

OK, enough ramblin'....

headed to start my list...

thanks for your interest...I just want to put out a good product that you are happy with...

Mail from mississippi. I would say for get the dry ice. Transport should be fine getting them home if not quite ripe. And then they will finish on the way to the buyer. Last time you picked ripe, drove them home and mailed them and missed perfect by 2-3 days. Picking before ripe should give you that needed time off the vine.

agreed man...hopefully on this 3rd picking, I will get the color I am wanting and I can't spend the time in Ms to mail these because of my delivery schedule here in Fort Worth...I may see if I can squeeze in the time to mail them there...main problem is I have no computer access or telephone service there...

Reading a bit on dry ice shipping regulations/procedure.

USPS:
http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52apxc_034.htm

Fedex:
http://fedex.com/us/services/pdf/PKG_Pointers_Perishable.pdf

UPS:
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/materials/coolants.html

All future sales of pods closed. I have a buyer for the rest of this years crop.

I will honor the commitments I have made but will have to decline future sales.

Thank you all for your business.

Ka chingggggggggggggg Congrats Ronnie. Kind of sucks we will see no puree but this may cement next year's grow. WOOOOHOOOOOO :dance: :dance: :dance:

All future sales of pods closed. I have a buyer for the rest of this years crop.

I will honor the commitments I have made but will have to decline future sales.

Thank you all for your business.

Hope its central market :D

I also made some hot sauce from AJ's 30 scorps i bought from central market houston yesterday. Like Born2BurnShow, another adaptation of Texas Blue's original recipe, less carrots, added agave, added 1 mango. Also strained using a large strainer to get a finer consistency. Ph is around 2.9 to 3.0. Here is a pic:

Made 3 woozies, and 1 pint.
P1020030.jpg

A close up
P1020031.jpg

When cleaning up the dishes and bowls, i kept coughing so much, the pepper nano-particles were coming out from the sink into my air space. Even my wife coughed a little and she was 10 feet away from the sink. Its all good now. Can't wait to try when the flavors start blending. When trying straight out of the pot, it was sweet, but BAM, it got real hot, especially my tongue. This may last me over a year :D

I am surprised the spice companies didn't have a bidding war. That many peppers to dry and crush or powder would last the big companies 2-3 years with as mild as they make some powders.

thanks gents...still got a lot of work to do...ever think about sitting at a table, under an oak tree in the shade,not a breath of air, 85% humidity and 98F culling peppers?....thats tough...

your sauce looks killer man...and I will tell you...you are very lucky your wife lets you play with your peppers in the kitchen...I have been totally banned from the house...the first harvest, I carried about 24 bushel one at a time thru the house to the back porch and you couldn't even breath...totally banned from the house and almost banned from the back porch...

I think I got the transport back to Texas under control...am testing a system using dry ice now....108 current ambient temperature and 54 on the bottom and 72 on the side...this is 2 hours into cooling...

here is a picture of the system at work...

IMG_0918.jpg
IMG_0919.jpg

New 120 Qt Ice Chest, piece of 3/4 insulation board on bottom of the ice chest to keep it from becoming too brittle and breaking...then 15 pounds of Dry Ice wrapped in three 5 lb packages...then a piece of 3/8" plywood on top of that...wonder how cold it will get tonight?.....

Back