• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Fried Hamburger?

Eggs with bacon and grits, biscuits and gravy with sausage gravy, fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee, and Bloody Mary's. A good non-spicy Southern style brunch. Forget the taco meat. Okay I'm out this time.

ADDED:

Haha on the same page as FiveStar.

FiveStar said:
Wait, are you trying to make biscuits and gravy?

Like this...
http://www.mamas-southern-cooking.com/biscuits-and-gravy-recipe.html

If so, you MUST have sausage, not beef. I'm southern as it gets, so if it B&G you're after, follow this recipe above to a T, and you'll get what you're after.

Save yourself the trouble and buy a bag of frozen biscuits though.
Kind of but with a northern flare, And she gave me consent to post her link on my page.

Dude, if you want biscuits and gravy, PLEASE follow this recipe. I don't think sawmill gravy (the white kind) would be bad with bacon and ground chuck, but if it's breakfast you're after, the sausage gravy can't be beat. Though I have made it with just mushrooms for vegetarian friends. If you don't go with sausage, at least add a little rubbed sage, mild pepper flakes, salt and lots of black pepper to the mix.

Good luck

One more Beamish, a cig, and I'm in bed.

FiveStar said:
Dude, if you want biscuits and gravy, PLEASE follow this recipe. I don't think sawmill gravy (the white kind) would be bad with bacon and ground chuck, but if it's breakfast you're after, the sausage gravy can't be beat. Though I have made it with just mushrooms for vegetarian friends. If you don't go with sausage, at least add a little rubbed sage, mild pepper flakes, salt and lots of black pepper to the mix.

Good luck

One more Beamish, a cig, and I'm in bed.
Well we're going to have it over fried red tomatoes, I've never seen green tomatoes.

Whatever you come up with, we must see pics. And I'm pretty sure a fried red tomato won't work. The green ones only fry up okay cause they're so tough.

Alright that's it! Beamish, cig, sleep.

But post pics!

FiveStar said:
Whatever you come up with, we must see pics. And I'm pretty sure a fried red tomato won't work. The green ones only fry up okay cause they're so tough.

Alright that's it! Beamish, cig, sleep.

But post pics!
night dude, And I will post the photos Saturday!

PMD the only way to get green tomatoes for frying is too grow your own unless stores in your area carry them...ours don't. Red tomatoes aren't the kind for frying.

pepperfever said:
PMD the only way to get green tomatoes for frying is too grow your own unless stores in your area carry them...ours don't. Red tomatoes aren't the kind for frying.
Thanks for the tip, I'll see if halls carry any green tomatoes plants when I pick my next batch up!

Back