labels FROG DOG LABEL

I have many color combos i am working but this was the first idea to come about.....colors that pop....a dog that resembles a frog....and simple. 
still working a border into it and a few other things, will keep updates coming. :dance:

the logo was posted below by a fellow THP member because i guess when i tried it didn't work

messing around 

FROG DOG LABEL.jpg

Seems like everyone and his brother is a graphic design expert. Never ask anyone for their opinion. Because that's all you'll get. An opinion. Everyone sees things differently. Ultimately if you are happy with your label/logo/content, then go with it. :rolleyes:

GhostRider said:
Seems like everyone and his brother is a graphic design expert. Never ask anyone for their opinion. Because that's all you'll get. An opinion. Everyone sees things differently. Ultimately if you are happy with your label/logo/content, then go with it. :rolleyes:
There are opinions on art... Granted. But there is also other more important advice in this thread than the art. Scovie made several good points about missing components to the label. Don't neglect these. I procrastinated on this and scrambled on this right before print time. Had to lose my romance panel to make it work at the 11th hr. Also as for trademarking, Lucky Dog knows his stuff. My TM was less involved than his but he saved me time and frustration with advice he offered.

So yeah everyone has opinions. But some peoples hold more weight than others. :)

GhostRider said:
Holy topic resurection batman!

I think you might be mistaking technical advice for criticism.

Many of those commenting in here are looking at the label critically because we've been through the process. I've revised my labels several times in very subtle ways based on feedback from reviewers, customers and other external influences.

When I'm making a new label I try to get as many eyes on it as possible.

For example looking at the image above, how hot is that sauce? I have no idea because it doesn't say on the front panel. As a consumer you have (snaps fingers) that much time to tell your customer everything they need to know about your sauce. If it only says how hot it is on
The side of the bottle, you may have lost a sale - if that person is a store owner who you're trying to convince to carry your products.

Then there's regulatory stuff. Labels must be FDA compliant if you intend to sell in a retail space. Wouldn't it suck to make 100 cases of sauce them not be able to sell it because of noncompliance.

It would be far less effort to not help someone and simply ignore the topic, but they asked for help, so I posted with the best of intentions, as did others.

Let's clear the air here. I am not making sauce to sell commercially. It is a hobby of mine. They're gifts to friends. I don't have to bother with FDA B.S. because no money passes hands. :party:

Let's let Frog Dog come back in here if he's still looking for comments.  There's a lot I'd comment on if he's looking for input on the latest rendition, but if it's already done, or if he's not interested anymore, then the thread can move on.

Hey GR, just because you didn't like the comments in your label thread doesn't mean to have to dig up old posts looking for support from those that got comments. I understand the misery loves company concept. But let's keep this orderly.

Take this back to your topic. I even got your back in there.

hello all!!....yes the image at the top of this page is a rough draft of the final. I need to add text but overall it looks great on the bottle. The sauces bright yellow so the label really pops. Everyone has an opinion and thats how i take them. Look at how basic and simple the most popular hot sauce labels are and understand the most important thing lies within the bottle!! one day y'all be looking back on this thread like damn how he did dat?  :dance:  :dance:  :party:  :party:

FROG DOG said:
hello all!!....yes the image at the top of this page is a rough draft of the final. I need to add text but overall it looks great on the bottle. The sauces bright yellow so the label really pops. Everyone has an opinion and thats how i take them. Look at how basic and simple the most popular hot sauce labels are and understand the most important thing lies within the bottle!! one day y'all be looking back on this thread like damn how he did dat?  :dance:  :dance:  :party:  :party:
Right on man - that's the spirit. Hell with these a-holes! What do they know! Oh, wait - I'm one of 'em. :rofl:

Jokes aside, while you are correct that it's what's inside the bottle that matters, curb appeal is what going to get someone to pick up the sauce & try it/buy it.

i don't know what made people pick sriracha off the shelves with a label filled with foreign language (and i dont believe they state the heat level)
what i do know is that the product is what made sriracha successful, not the label

FROG DOG said:
i don't know what made people pick sriracha off the shelves with a label filled with foreign language (and i dont believe they state the heat level)
what i do know is that the product is what made sriracha successful, not the label

:rolleyes: 

I can tell you exactly how Huy Fong promoted their sriracha sauce - the "foreign language" is French, Vietnamese and English, which is how Vietnamese products always are. it was part of the gimmick to make people think it was an authentic Vietnamese sauce when it's actually an
American sauce made by an Los Angeles, CA company.

And then they went to the 1000s of Pho places in California and sold below cost (or gave away) their sauces to get people to use it. 

They sold fairly well in their region for years, hardly a blip on the radar outside of California. Several decades later, some writers /bloggers/cartoonists "discovered" it and now there's a craze. it did not happen overnight. Not hardly.

I'm not sure why you bothered posting your label here since you don't want anyone's feedback, very puzzling.

FROG DOG said:
im puzzled why you think i don't want feedback. I have been listening....
It's not rocket science - no need to be puzzled. A quick glance through this topic shows that you have nothing but contempt for everyone who's offered you advice to the point of mocking us. Did you think you were being subtle?

Have fun trolling the business forums. I'll not be offering any further advice. Aloha.

what is it with you people? who have i mocked? i've been respectful on this thread and yes i posted for advice but some of these comments make me wonder if i should even share my business ideas. Why do you assume i haven't been taking the advice i have been given? ease yourself compadre

This is a tough business.  I know. I am in it.  And struggling on the sales side of it.  

Most of the successful business men/women on this site are open and free about giving advice to someone who could one day be competition.  They still give that advice.  Many times noobs blow off their advice and get offended when they don't get the answers they want to hear.  If you cruise through the business section I am sure you can find several examples of this.  So when someone comes in here acting like they know it all and then get offended when they are told they don't, they often get offended and lash out, subtly or not so subtly.  You are still working on your label yet you are telling people "you just wait till I hit it big" (not an exact quote).  

I wish you well.  In the immortal words of Ice Cube, "check yourself before you wreck yo self."  You don't want to hear the next line of the song.    

in all honesty my hit it big comment was pure fun as i am carrying a positive attitude throughout this whole process. Believe me when i say i understand how difficult it is to become a successful entity in the hot sauce business. You said one day i might become competition for other hot sauce connoisseurs which is why i think lucky dog was riding the name of my business pretty hard. He told me i might want to reconsider the name since there was already a business called Frog Dog and how no one knows what a Frog Dog is so they won't be interested in my product. I basically told him that Lucky Dog is also taken by many businesses and how the title of a business label, even if you don't know what it means, won't make you less interested in the product. Many food business titles are nothing i can understand but they are popular!! 

Back