• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Frytastic!!!

So here I am having a cooking extravaganza in my kitchen tonight and it has nothing to do with the Throwdown, that will be tomorrow. I wanted to play with my new toy...uhm...er...I mean kitchen appliance. :lol: First off I am impressed with how quickly it heats up and recovers back to temp. This is a well made good quality fryer.

Now on with the food!

First I made Paulky's dipping sauce and ohhh oh is it good! If you haven't tried it yet you need to! I omitted the lemon just cause I'm not a real big fan of lemons and I just love this stuff and think it would go well as a spread or as a dipping sauce as I have used it.

Then I made potato French frys and sweet potato French frys. Next was homemade onion rings with a twist :D and finally Wings. I used the creator's method of piercing them after about 2 minutes of cooking and all I have to say is OMG!!! These are simply put...AWESOME! I used his Defcon Sauce #1 on them which as we all know is out of this world.

So I hope y'all enjoy.....

Ingredients all lined up
Food047.jpg

Remember to chop that garlic fine
Food048.jpg

After adding the fresh ground black pepper, its time to kick it up. Paulky, I used 5 manly shakes BTW
Food049.jpg

Stir and wallah
Food050.jpg

more to come.....

So the dipping sauce is all finished so on with the 2 types of fries. Unfortunately I don't have any action shot for them accept this one.
Food052.jpg

Onward I go toward the onion. Yes, I see you sitting there trying to hide. BRAWHAHAHA.....Slice it up nice and evenly and soak in some Buttermilk
Food051.jpg

Flour, garlic powder and just because I can, some 7 Pod Powder
Food053.jpg

Now that's a lot of 7 Pod powder :shocked: Yep, 7 manly shakes
Food054.jpg

Dredge and set aside waiting for the dunk
Food055.jpg

Into the deep...
Food056.jpg

More to come.....

Lastly and perhaps more importantly...WINGS!

Slowly lower the frozen wings into the hot deep fryer and after 2 minutes raise and pierce
Food057.jpg

Resume frying until all nice and golden brown
Food058.jpg

Now, THAT looks good!
Food059.jpg

Finished Plate...okay maybe plater is more like it :lol:
Food060.jpg

WOW am I full and wish I could drink a beer, but I think they'd frown on that at the office tonight.

Enjoy....

Nice platter! Wings made my mouth water. I think it was that shot of the steam.

Nice platter! Wings made my mouth water. I think it was that shot of the steam.

Thanks, that means a lot coming form you. For a conclusion on my purchase of this fryer, I highly recommend it. It was easy to assemble, use and clean, since it all goes into the dishwasher with the exception of the heating element. With that said, I think I may have over done it tonight. I know, imagine that :rolleyes: :lol: I mean that I think I fried up too many different foods and think it would have been better if I concentrated on one or two of them. Both of the fries were great when done, but after cooking up the onion rings and wings, they got a little soft in the oven. BTW, those were the best wings I have ever made here at the hacienda. So...so much better than the, easy now Dan, oven wings that I have made in the past. :lol:

Thanks guys. It was as much fun making as it was eating. I, however, am going to have to ration myself with this fryer, otherwise I can see my Doc stroking out on me the next time I go in. :lol:

Thanks guys. It was as much fun making as it was eating. I, however, am going to have to ration myself with this fryer, otherwise I can see my Doc stroking out on me the next time I go in. :lol:
I think that's the other way around :lol:

Thanks guys. It was a real pleasure using that fryer, as you can see in the pics. It was also real easy to clean up and is now all tucked away. Though I think I need to wait awhile for my arteries to unclog :lol: BTW, I think I may have used too much 7 Pod Powder in the dipping sauce, it was a tad hot this morning if you know what I mean. :shocked:

Yep, looks like you done it up right. Funny how fried foods are soooo darn good, yet they have that taboo of being so bad for the ticker. Oh heck we only live once so go for all the gusto - invite me over next time I'll bring the beer. Take Care

Both of the fries were great when done, but after cooking up the onion rings and wings, they got a little soft in the oven.

Part fry your easy/quick stuff ... then do a final fry of your stuff in reverse order of time/heat retention : chicken > onion rings > fries ( whilst chicken is relaxing )

Â¥

OMG - Yum!!! Its lucky you live on the other side of the world PF - I'd be over for dinner in and instant!

Back