• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Fubarhouse's 2011/2012 Grow List!

Well this season, I have learned how to raise seeds into mature plants, a lot of learning and a lot of seeds...

I have ended up with many different things, some were very last minute and got from Bunnings, but I have six seedlings germinating now and I won't reveal those... yet.
the 1x just means there is one pot. I know some pots have up to 3 seedlings in each, in fact only two I can think of...

5x Unknown Capsicum Chinenses
1x Trinidad Scorpion (Butch T)
1x Jalapeno (Fire Starter)
1x Habanero (Orange)
1x Scotch Bonnet (Red)
1x Habanero (Red)
1x Brain Strain 7 Pot (Red)
1x Habanero (Yellow Mexican)
1x Hungarian Hot Wax

Amongst other things, I am also growing:
Beefsteak tomatoes, squashes. crystal apple cucumbers, gold rush zucchini, pumpkin, all sorts of coloured carrots and some celery, by accident though lol, Keeping the celery cause my fiance likes it.

To start off the grow log, I will add some photos, but not yet. Running short of time, so here is just one. A monument-us occasion, as we are having a very cold and wet summer here, I had a flower on my orange habanero scrape open. It wasn't there this morning but it's now opened! How exciting, it marks the start of summer I believe, the first flower from capsicum plants, I am optimistic about the weather from here on :)

Let me know if it doesn't show, as it is linked via facebook on a public page.

385024_10150555152780752_590245751_10969761_95422138_n.jpg

hello fubar dude,
you sure have an interesting timing
i am at ± 34°North and am just now
putting the spring early starts outside
after some growth indoors under lights :woohoo:

you indicate you are living in oceania?

you may want to hold off for a few months
before starting next season's crop?

not that i am aware of your set up but you may
run out of space quick or get hit with
the blasted cold weather soon

look to other aussies for better timing advice?

No harm in having an early start. Just want everything ready to go, germinate, or grow. Seeds last a long time from what I hear so a couple of months in advance won't hurt.

If I can save the naga plants from this growing season for next, it would be wicked awesome and will have a large harvest next season....

Can't wait to try freshly picked hot peppers :)

Mate if youve got the place to overwinter em and to start others early then go for it. There is a great feeling seeing those early pods.Do you have a hothouse? If not it would be well worth your while to invest in a small one as it will give you the early start you want in the best possible way.
Marc

sandgroper,

it would be nice to see early pods, but it even more so for me as I have not ever grown a plant let alone a pepper. To see all of those pictures online for my own eyes will be tremendous.

Hopefully soon I will have more peppers than I can use by a large proportion, but not large scale cultivation levels. Perfect levels for experimentation and regular tastings :)

Man I so can't wait till the new growing season starts, hoping for a sunny summer next year opposed to this year's exceedingly wet and overcast weather.

:hell: :hell: :hell:

Bumping my thread, as I will be updating it more frequently and as I have changed the first post, growing all sorts of stuff and almost nothing as originally hoped and planned. Check out the first post if you wish to see my grow list!

Back