• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fuzzy Stalks on my Anaheim Plant

Hey guys,

I can't recall if this was an Anaheim bought from the store or grown from seed but the plant has white fuzz on it. Is this normal?

70E12B60-0EC0-4356-9C6A-0ACE41BB6B2F-1135-000000AEA580668B.jpg

I wonder if that's even an Anaheim, leaves look similar to Serrano. If it was store bought, it may have been another mislabel.

Just did a google image search for anaheim plants, and with the results it's hard to tell.

Now for the fun part, waiting to see what type of pods form !!!

I had serranos that did this last year. This year I have goatsweed and it is doing it even worse than the pics you have. It's okay.

Anaheims shouldn't be fuzzy, so you likely have something like a Serrano which is naturally "fuzzy". There are a few other varieties that are fuzzy too.

Hmm. I do have Serranos growing this year. I'm usually pretty careful marking my seedlings/pots. I'm wondering if I had mistakenly done so.

Never known anaheim to be pubescent. Probably a mislabeled serrano. The hair helps on really hot days to give a little sun screen and also prevent evaporative water loss. 

Back