• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

G/F's Heat Tolerance went up!!

Well I had some shocking but great news Monday Eve. I was making a chicken/pasta dish for G/f Monday evening with a "homemade sauce". The sauce consisted of a 16 oz can of diced tomato's onion green pepper basil italian seasoning salt sugar and 5 rings of Jalapenos I got from a local sub shop.(good jala's not wimpy like taco bells). I put all the stuff into my magic bullet puree'd it brought it to a boil and served it over chicken and pasta (cooked of course lol) she ate the whole plate said wow it was hot but very good normally she would say too hot for me :) so i guess thats a great start in fact she ate leftovers from it tonight and didnt even mention the heat :) im a happy guy :lol:

Tom...That is FANTASTIC! Of course, if ya let her get too high of a tolerance then she'll be stealing your stash of hot sauces...LOL...

I've got the same thing going. Normally, my wife doesn't like anything too terribly hot. But after the last Fiery Foods Show, we started to put a whole jar of "Daddy's Sweet Habanero" pasta sauce in with our normal marinara. Now, I usually doctor it up more for my plate, but alone you can feel some back of the throat burn.

It's a miracle I tell ya!

The Wife Unit carries a stungun with her just in case I slip something spicy into her food. Hey, it beats the taser I talked her out of carrying around.

Pepperfreak said:
Tom...That is FANTASTIC! Of course, if ya let her get too high of a tolerance then she'll be stealing your stash of hot sauces...LOL...

naw she wont steal em just let me use more :lol:
Potawie yep she likes hockey took her to a western comfrence finals game in 02 :)

DevilDuck said:
I've got the same thing going. Normally, my wife doesn't like anything too terribly hot. But after the last Fiery Foods Show, we started to put a whole jar of "Daddy's Sweet Habanero" pasta sauce in with our normal marinara. Now, I usually doctor it up more for my plate, but alone you can feel some back of the throat burn.

It's a miracle I tell ya!

amazing what persistance does huh?? :lol:

And its getting alot better made a basic soup monday night
chicken broth carrots celery onions corn kernels parsley
celery seed and celery salt and threw in some diced jalapenos
you could feel a burn with every spoonful g/f ate the whole bowl I gave her so I think I have a possible future chilehead:)

DEFCON Creator said:
The Wife Unit carries a stungun with her just in case I slip something spicy into her food. Hey, it beats the taser I talked her out of carrying around.

Done that once and it wasnt on purpose and I still havent heard the end of it ...its going on about 8yrs now

I'm fortunate enough to have my wife hunt and fish with me. However, she won't even kiss me after I eat food with any spice for a while. I guess my lips are to hot:lol:. Like someone else said. That may be good. Don't want her eating it all:lol:

Back