• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Garden/pepper update

Yeah, I would for sure like to trade some varieties. But I can't guarantee they are pure bred. My cousin didn't care too much about that. If you don't care I also have Mulatto nd maybe you would like to test the "Uganda habs"?

Chiliac ,

Those sure look good !! I can't wait till next season when I grow my own. Well.... I guess I have wait ...

P. Dreadie

the plants look great!

what do you mean "Already bought a new pair of gloves"
you dont use exam/medical gloves, I buy these by the box

very nice chiliac...very nice

chilehunter said:
the plants look great!

what do you mean "Already bought a new pair of gloves"
you dont use exam/medical gloves, I buy these by the box

I used to buy the same as you, but I have switched to buying "kitchen gloves", reuseable ones. I guess you know what I mean, the large, yellow gloves you can use over and over again until you manage to cut holes into them when cutting chilis - as I have! :)

Armadillo said:
Do you know "pineapple chili"? My cousin gave me some seeds and he told me that they have a good pineapple flavor. And he gave me some seeds of a variety he calls the "cash cow"... We will see...

Is that anything like Aji Pineapple that's meant to be much like Lemon Drop?

rainbowberry said:
Is that anything like Aji Pineapple that's meant to be much like Lemon Drop?

As my cousin described it, it for sure could be a Aji-variety. I didn't have the opportunity to try one. and I never tried a Lemon Drop. So I can't answer that now. I will try to grow them. Then I will know more about it.

Chiliac said:
I used to buy the same as you, but I have switched to buying "kitchen gloves", reuseable ones. I guess you know what I mean, the large, yellow gloves you can use over and over again until you manage to cut holes into them when cutting chilis - as I have! :)

I never tried the kitchen gloves, do they have a tight fit with no extra slack in the finger tips ?
I'm really picky when it comes to finger dexterity in all types of gloves.

I have run across & poked my exam gloves with a knife on many occasions, with no tear. not saying it wont happen just it seems like they're kinda resistant to cuts (but not cut proof).
another thought is those kitchen gloves are less waste (garbage)

They come in 3 sizes, so they fit pretty well. I am buying them for 2 reasons mainly: they are not as thin as exam gloves and as you say less garbage. Unless you cut holes into them (and that only happened because I accidently bought them a size too large) they'll last forever.

Back