• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Garden/pepper update

Well, I managed to turn about one third of the garden from a jungle into growing space for next season. I have sown raddish for a winter harvest, but showing pics of the tiny plants wouldn't be too exciting, so here's some pics of my chili plants instead:

DSC02473.jpg

Aji White Wax - very prolific this season!

DSC02474.jpg

Habs - what else? Some ripe some on their way...

DSC02477.jpg

Peruvian Orange, the plant is kinda funny, the pods on one branch grow upright and the rest looks like these

DSC02478.jpg

More habs

cont......

DSC02479.jpg

Nipples, pretty plant and nice lil' pods, I'm curious about the heat

DSC02481.jpg

7Pot - looks like something or someone has gnawed on one of the pods, I hope it felt the heat!!!

DSC02483.jpg

Kii Nun Khao - a Thai variety, very small, but pretty hot!

DSC02484.jpg

Nagas - I could look at them for hours, althought they are kinda scary.....

I removed the ripening hoods today, because we seem to get a few more warm days. At least that's what the weatherman said and it was pretty warm today indeed!

Everything is looking real good. Good to hear you've expanded your garden as I'm planning on doing the same.

I bet whatever ate the 7pot won't be trying that again. LOL!

I was reading about that.... Very interesting.

Personally, I'm to lazy to garden somewhere other than my house. I hope those seeds I sent you come in handy when filling up the new digs!

Nice stuff Chiliac!

On a different note, how do hot peppers fit in with German cooking? Spaetzle with some heat could work I think...

Very nice plants/pods Chiliac will keep you busy deseeds those babies. I'm busy lately taking seeds out every day couple of hours.

Growing nipples to my friend and im really curious what they will be like..Lots and lots of leaves on them and multiple nodes..Unusual :)

Thanks, all!

skealo said:
I was reading about that.... Very interesting.

Personally, I'm to lazy to garden somewhere other than my house. I hope those seeds I sent you come in handy when filling up the new digs!

They sure will, I have already made some plans on where to grow some of them, like the Lemon Cucs!

lostmind said:
Nice stuff Chiliac!

On a different note, how do hot peppers fit in with German cooking? Spaetzle with some heat could work I think...

I don't cook too much traditional German food and indeed, when I do it's mostly less hot than the Asian or Mexican style stuff I make. The Spaetzle idea is nice though. Made a hot pasta sauce yesterday, might go well with them, too!

bjs2006 said:
Nice pics Chiliac. What type of habanero is pictured in the second pic?

I took seeds for these from store bought pods, because they were so nice, so I am not absolutely sure. The habs from the store where among the best I ever got, so I decided to grow them to get more!

915river said:
Very nice plants/pods Chiliac will keep you busy deseeds those babies. I'm busy lately taking seeds out every day couple of hours.

You bet it will!!! Already bought a new pair of gloves this week! :)

I had the same idea, they weren't labelled as habs, just as chilis (sigh!), but the 2 peppers I had back then looked more like a hab to me, maybe they are SBs!? I only wanted more of the nice peppers, I'm not gonna spread their seeds as habs, but if anybody wants some and doesn't care too much what he's growing, I'll gladly share them.

Hehe, thanks! I love my nipples, too! I can send you some after harvest, i.e. in one or two weeks. Would be the fastest way for you to get some fresh seeds. I got mine from Trini.

Wow! Lotta hot stuff! And the Nagas really look scary. Is that a subconscious instinctive feeling or do they "burn" your eyes because you know what they are?
In spring we will move and then finally I will have a southside garden, southside balcony and southside winter garden. I want to grow about 20 varieties and to start indoors in January.

I think the Nagas look like little flames and keeping in mind how hot they are, it's not surprising that they burn your eyes! :)

20 varieties? That's what you are saying now. In my first season I thought about growing 1-3 varities and well... you know the rest of the story! :)

Well, my better half will limit the space cause she wants at least some space left for flowers and other ornamental plants. And about 20 varieties are what I already have as seeds...
Do you know "pineapple chili"? My cousin gave me some seeds and he told me that they have a good pineapple flavor. And he gave me some seeds of a variety he calls the "cash cow"... We will see...

I have heard of the Pineapple Chili, but never of Cash Cow, if that's the real name they go by. Would sure like to try the Pineapples, so if you'd fancy another variety or two (I can send you seeds for ornamentals to please your wife/gf) I wouldn't mind a trade. Just PM me if interested.
Tell her that chili plants sport pretty nice flowers, too! ;)

Back