• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hydroponic General Hydroponics Flora Ratios

Hi Guys,

I'm going to try a kratky setup similar to what Khang Starr shows on his youtube channel.  https://www.youtube.com/user/KhangStarr010/videos

I noticed he is using equal ratios of the General Hydroponics Flora series.  I picked up the general hydroponics trio today, but I noticed that they list different ratios for different stages of development.  http://1274ym4fbva545shrh1giu44.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/gh-feed-chart.pdf

What ratio's do you guys use?

Edit:  I guess he is just using 1:1:1 for lettuce.  I'll give the growth or aggressive growth recommended ratios a try.

What ever I use I make sure to use equal parts. For instance if Im in bloom phase I use 1.5 tsp of bloom and 1.5 tsp of boost (or micro in your case) per gallon. If you dont have a ppm meter get one. I have found the best results are 400-500 ppm.

Yellowfin2na said:
What ever I use I make sure to use equal parts. For instance if Im in bloom phase I use 1.5 tsp of bloom and 1.5 tsp of boost (or micro in your case) per gallon. If you dont have a ppm meter get one. I have found the best results are 400-500 ppm.
i've never use ppm meter, and how do you adjust?

chocolatescotchbonnet said:
i do adjust the ph, i thought ppm was something different?
Theres always so much confusion with EC, PPM, etc. For me I never adjust PH anymore since I switched to Technaflora BC. The PH automatically adjusts on its own as the plant feeds.

For me PPM is the easiest way for me. I use rain water that has very little to no ppms to start with. Then when I add the nutes I add equally until my ppms are in the 400-500 range. As the plant feeds and water levels go down I add more nutrient solution in the 400-500ppm range. The ppm always stays in that range and doesnt ever change when I do it this way.

Maybe Im making sense in my head only lol.

Yellowfin2na said:

Thanks for the reply Yellowfin2na.  In his videos, it seems like Khang Starr is using equal parts of bloom, grow, and micro through the whole process.  Just to clarify, you only use bloom and micro during blooming, and only use grow and micro during veg? 

I just got done putting together the container.  I pretty much copied what he did here exactly.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hfnemXohJs

Yellowfin2na said:
Theres always so much confusion with EC, PPM, etc. For me I never adjust PH anymore since I switched to Technaflora BC. The PH automatically adjusts on its own as the plant feeds.

For me PPM is the easiest way for me. I use rain water that has very little to no ppms to start with. Then when I add the nutes I add equally until my ppms are in the 400-500 range. As the plant feeds and water levels go down I add more nutrient solution in the 400-500ppm range. The ppm always stays in that range and doesnt ever change when I do it this way.

Maybe Im making sense in my head only lol.
i've been using the tap, so, i got to use ph down! i will begin to save rain water now! 

:beer:
CSB

Yeah bud. Tap really sets you back because it has so much in it already. Depends on your tap water but mine comes out the faucet at already 200-300 ppms. Rain waters or RO water is where it's at. Damn near 0 or maybe less than 20 ppm. More room for nutes and no chlorine, minerals, etc.
dan5505 said:
Thanks for the reply Yellowfin2na.  In his videos, it seems like Khang Starr is using equal parts of bloom, grow, and micro through the whole process.  Just to clarify, you only use bloom and micro during blooming, and only use grow and micro during veg? 

I just got done putting together the container.  I pretty much copied what he did here exactly.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hfnemXohJs

Yep that's exactly right. Not all three. Just micro and veg for veging and micro and bloom for blooming.

The container looks great. If you check out my glog I do alot of Kratky stuff and use all kinds of containers just like that.

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/52946-yellowfin2na-hydroponic-grow-2015-pic-intense/page-1?hl=yellowfin

ive started to use the trio from GH series also, so far its AMAZING to say the least haha, im using 5 litre buckets for my hydro and i use 5ml of each in the buckets everytime and it seems to be doing just fine, im suppose to use a bit more than 5ml but its more than enough for great fast growth

I've never used GH Flora series in a true hydro setup (I grow in coco), but I do know that all the nutrients contained in GH Grow are contained in a combination of GH Micro and Bloom. Have a look at the bottles and compare the ingredients.

I've sucsessfully used GreatfulH3AD's combination of 6ml Micro + 9ml Bloom in 4L RO water to grow out peppers start to finish in coco. This gives you a nicely balanced formula that sits right around 700ppm. It also comes very close to the 100-100-200 N-P-K ratio that some consider to be ideal for plant growth. All you need to do then is ph the nutrient solution.

Although the formula and nutrient line work great, I've recently read that GH has been sold to Scott's (the makers Miracle grow) which is an arm of Monsanto. I'd rather not support them.

Neil

Back