• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GeorgeJ's 2014 Tokyo-a-grow-grow - Podding Up Like Crazy!

Got my first lot of seeds in last night.

7 pot yellow, burgundy, orange, red. 7 pot chaguanas, maya red habanero, jays peach ghost scorpion.
opEkohL.jpg

Planning to add more later.

Nice save with the peroxide/fan G! I'm gonna remember Penny's tip about the cinnamon too.

I think you'll like the yellow 7, it was one of my hottest and tastiest peppers last season. Good luck with 2014!

georgej said:
It's the Chilli I was most looking forward to last year, just no ripe pods.

Better luck this year I hope!
You're starting earlier this year, so that should help. Are you gonna grow in pots again? The Yellow 7 was also one of my heaviest feeders last year, so if you do, you might want to work out some kind of nutes regimen ahead of time. They'll also need enough root mass to support lots of foliage for pod production so don't skimp on pot size, and if you can, put it/them in air-pruning pots if at all possible to force a more fibrous root structure with lots of root hairs for absorbing the water and nutes. Cheers!

I'm limited by size and weight restrictions right now, so it's up in the air..
I'm looking at importing nutrients this year too. But right now I'm not sure if I'm gonna stay where I am. Considering the states and learning some new skills rather than teaching them. Let's see!

So it's looking like I have 2 burgundy, 1 healthy yellow, 2 red (one is a triple cot) and 2 weird looking orange.

fC2swt9.jpg

Ghost scorpion and maya red rotted (I seem to have a bad history with maya red). I was expecting them all to die, but they started looking good.

Just waiting for my new additions from pepper lover (hope customs didn't get interested)

Looks good. I too had to start over after fighting root aphids for weeks. At least we still have time to start over is what I am thankful for. I use lots of fans to prevent dampening off. Good luck and good growing.

Ok i wanted to start off round two of seeds today, now that my new stuff arrived from pepperlover

White Bhut, Brown Moruga, 7 Pot Primo, Fatalli, White 7 Pot, 7 Pot Douglah.
NVwKuMK.jpg

i set out six dishes with peroxide and water solution and soaked the seeds for 3 hours
xuh4BZw.jpg

now last seeds i sowed had mould problems on the soil. this time i'm adapting and trying to avoid that. i'm gonna germinate them in coffee filters in baggies and transplant to fresh soil (with air circulation!).
Here's one i finished putting seeds in
YOExrbI.jpg

please be good and grow!
VxMcHUX.jpg

into the grow box with your brothers and sisters. reading 25 degrees on the foil covered surface of the heat mat, which the bags are sat on.
BxPnAVu.jpg

pray to the chilli gods ;)

Looks like you are off to a good start even with the small problem with mildew or mold, I tried to stay small myself thinking I would just do 15 varieties, but still ended up with over 40 varieties and 3 to 5 seeds in each of my soaking cups that I start with. 
I Hope that you have a great season.

im gonna grow slightly less this year and less plants (maybe! we will see what survives from over wintering).
it was a struggle to look after all my plants in the hot summer last year

Back