• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Germinating Chinese seeds in Rapid Rooter

Now that my Chinese seeds have arrived I am going to germinate them in rapid rooter over heat mats. I have put them over heat mats and added a bit of water and will wait until the temp gets right around 85 consistantly. My question is this... I have more seeds than space in the trays. Is there any benefit or harm from puting 2-3 seeds in each hole? If there is no harm what is the ideal number?

I also use the Rapid Rooter grow plugs as well and wouldn't even consider it as an option. Sometimes things happen and I have been fortunate enough to separate the few without sustaining any damage to the seedlings. I would recommend to increase grow plug capacity if you could.

If Jack says it can be done, then it probably can. I used RR plugs (pics in my GLOG), and you can see that once those babies soak up water that hole gets pretty small. I even had to widen the top of the hole on one of the plugs to let the sprout push through. I (not a pro) would probably have a tough time separating them from the plugs once they sprout. Your best chance would be to try to split them up ASAP once they pop up and before they start to spread into the plug.

Are you planning to cull the ones that don't look the strongest, or grow them all out? Because where are you gonna put them once they sprout and you have to sprout?

Back