• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds GERMINATION (BEST WAY)

^^^how about you make a statement then follow it up with WHY you have never burned plants with ferts. i too have learned how not to burn plants with ferts after using it too strong and killing a few. and yes Synthetics work too as long as you use the right dose. not starting a pissing match but dude explain yourself, a noob could come along and read your post and go and kill the plants by burning them with too strong a dose of ferts.

Why would I cause someone to burn plants?

I say use half strength or follow directions.

I don't want to get off topic. Sorry.

GERMINATION (BEST WAY)- I put the seeds right in the soil.

Why would I cause someone to burn plants?

I say use half strength or follow directions.

I don't want to get off topic. Sorry.

GERMINATION (BEST WAY)- I put the seeds right in the soil.
i miss read your post! i read " i use synthetics and dont burn plants"
if you use synthetic be careful to not over feed and flush soil from time to time to get rid of salts

carry on

i miss read your post! i read " i use synthetics and dont burn plants"
if you use synthetic be careful to not over feed and flush soil from time to time to get rid of salts

carry on

Hey I edited that out. At first I did say "I" use synthetics and never burn plants. Sorry bout that. :P

^^^how about you make a statement then follow it up with WHY you have never burned plants with ferts. i too have learned how not to burn plants with ferts after using it too strong and killing a few. and yes Synthetics work too as long as you use the right dose. not starting a pissing match but dude explain yourself, a noob could come along and read your post and go and kill the plants by burning them with too strong a dose of ferts.

You can always use 100% coated, controlled release granular fertilizer with no danger of burning.
Cheap uncoated fertilizers or liquids are what burn.

Here's what i'm using. http://www.agriumat.com/includes/POLYON_NPK_plusmicros_15-6-11.pdf

Even though I dont like to use synthetics in ground I would suggest slow release for plants that are in ground if the grower wanted to use synthetics. Your right slow release are a bit more expensive but they are only applied once and then you just have to water, making them well well worth it.

I would say soluble fertilizers are a great choice for container and hydroponic culture.

Back on Topic- GERMINATION (BEST WAY)- I really just like starting them in good potting mix.

Even though I dont like to use synthetics in ground I would suggest slow release for plants that are in ground if the grower wanted to use synthetics. Your right slow release are a bit more expensive but they are only applied once and then you just have to water, making them well well worth it.

I would say soluble fertilizers are a great choice for container and hydroponic culture.

Back on Topic- GERMINATION (BEST WAY)- I really just like starting them in good potting mix.

Yeah I should have mentioned this is for standard container culture. Hydroponics need to use liquids obviously, and in ground you can really use any form or method.

As for seed starting, In the nursery I managed we used Pro Mix BX in seed trays with 72 or 96 cells for ornamental plants, herbs, and wildflowers. We never grew vegetables, and I'm a noob at peppers in particular, but that way seemed to work for 90% of our plants.

Yeah I should have mentioned this is for standard container culture. Hydroponics need to use liquids obviously, and in ground you can really use any form or method.

As for seed starting, In the nursery I managed we used Pro Mix BX in seed trays with 72 or 96 cells for ornamental plants, herbs, and wildflowers. We never grew vegetables, and I'm a noob at peppers in particular, but that way seemed to work for 90% of our plants.

"and in ground you can really use any form or method."

You can but soluble fertilizer will harm micro life and leach into groundwater more then slow release. -One reason I use organic in ground. thats not to say you can't use soluble fertilizer low strength in ground, but it is just easier application and less leaching with slow release.

Also it is much easier to judge levels and adjust strengths of fertilizer using soluble fertilizer in container culture. With that said, using only slow release in containers is ok because it is just so easy, no mixing just one or two applications.

Yea I agree pro mix bx is great.

What method have you guys used to transplant sprouts to pellets.
Thanks for all the great info.

straw, toothpick, pencil ? Trying to aviod damage in process.
When I used bag method I always had a magnifying glass and tweezers in hand carefully tearing the toilet paper around the plants roots never touching the plant or root system only the paper, if I had to I held the stem with care.

Back