• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds germination times?

Ok so my caribbean reds are germinating like flies both peat and coffee filter method. Yellow scotch bonnets are too in peat. Keep in mind filter method was three days later than peat. My chocolate habs are starting to show in the peat too. My question is do fatalii and bhut jolokias take longer? Maybe one fatalii is cracking open and no jolokias. I think I fried my big jim seeds in the sun. So the bhuts and fataliis take longer? Or maybe bad batch? All else is equal.

Unsure what you are asking. Generally superhots take longer to germ, but I have had bhuts sprout in less than 36 hours and jalapenos sprout in more than 4 weeks. Really depends on temp and moisture level.

I guess I'm asking how they compare to everything else (generally speaking) as far as time it takes to sprout. Temp is 81 degrees moisture...moist? Lol

If your temps are stable at 81 then I say you might have some shotty seed. Try tossing a few more in there.

They haven't always been stable. Was reliant on sun and chasing shade. Didn't always get it. Had a tray of big jims get HOT one day. Hense no germination... Not even the caribbean reds ithe same tray. So I did new trays of cr, ch, fats, and ysb. Everxthng but the fat. And the bhuts in the new trays sprouted. I did some more via baggy and coffee filter method and they've been at a fairly constant 81 except when I moved them from one heat source to a permanent source. (bathroom lights that I checked temp, to top of the fluoros where its the same temp and I can ture bathroom lites off then lol). May start some more in a week if the don't show by friday.

Back