• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting Fit!

sicman said:
100 miles ain't shit? You should have no problem losing your weight then. Get on the BIKE and let us know when you hit 50 miles.

You just wanna hop on my handlebars? I'll take you the 100 miles.

o5bTUVu.jpg

Jump on it...my pony.

https://youtu.be/lbnoG2dsUk0?t=2m12s

March 29th, 2015

Today....I HIT MY FIRST WEIGHT LOSS GOAL!!!!!  Who ever said that women can not transform after 40 are full of crap!!!  Sure it is hard work...and yes, I have room for improvement!  I am 46, I have carried two children, I struggle with hypothyroid, but IT CAN BE DONE!!! 

RIDE 2 LIVE!!!!!!

this is my 15 y/o son, Kyle.....Sic dragged him out for a 31 mile ride....then we went on a 20 miler as a family!!!!

Lady Sic said:
Yeah, that bull is easier to ride than my real "pony"!  Stupid horse got ballsy and managed to unload me.....tore my meniscus in the process.....biking is actually helping heal it though!

Combine that with some home made orange juice every day! Two whole oranges every day.

Vit C is one of the main building blocks for collagen. Which is one of the main components of everything fleshy. lol

You two keep burning it up though. Its awesome.

:fireball:
Lady Sic said:
Rawk....you have to stop by when I am home!  I will take you out there to pet them!!!

its gonna be sic in that bear suit talkin bout "moo"

Hope I don't have to let this thread die? I've lost a solid #5,ten more. Yesterday was great.32 on the bike,walked 3 and jogged 3. Today pounded 30 miles of hills. It was tough and I am beat up. I feel great.

i fell off the wagon. somehow i'm at 219 now haha. my gf went away and we had been running together. i played some pickup ball and ran down my causeway once but yea

I've been using my rebounder and doing pretty well on my diet. I prefer the time efficiency of the tramp over plain walking, but walking the big (steep) bridge in town is coming back real soon ...

We are really good about the bridge walking during the Fall and Winter, so that should trend positively ...

I give myself a 7 out of 10 for effort, which is acceptable considering I maintained that through my birthday, which was split-celebrated over two consecutive weekends, and the weather for pretty disparaging for doing anything outside ...

I have managed to concede but 2 of the 8 lbs I lost in 2-3 weeks, so that's pretty good too ...

We rearranged the house and made it straightforward to use the inclining bench and adjustable dumbbells, so I'll add that into the mix this weekend ...

Every little bit counts ... and it's literally a war of inches.

I'm actually doing phenomenal with reducing the carb loads of my meals, but I need to get off the tea/ginger ale/gatorade carbs if I am to be able to keep the beer.

I am keeping the 1-2 beer/day, because I'm really enjoying brewing as far as hobbies go.

CHEERS!

Heckle said:
Yall should try the 4 days of juice fast

I have done this before and it's really good for you ... actually, fasting is probably the #1 way to actually elongate one's life, they are finding ...

I should fast, but haven't for a while ... it's great for your liver ... and actually, fatty liver is definitely part of my equation ...

I used to just use sweetened lemon water, though ...

Even 2 day fasts are epically good ...

Worth chewing on and getting my head around it ...

I've been eating a lot of weight/quantity of raw veg ...

I did notice that the gazpacho, being somewhat pre-masticated and likely fermenting a bit with each passing day, was easier to digest than the chunks of broccoli and cauliflower ...

Back