• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Getting ready for outside

My H spent most of yesterday tilling my garden area. Such a sweetie. It's about 45x32 feet, I think. I haven't officially measured it yet.
I've got a mental layout for it and where I'm going to put all my herbs, fruits, & veggies. I'm not just growing salsa this year. LOL.

Most of my tomatoes had to go outside last night. They were getting too big, I started them too early. I've got them in 90% shade, blocked by a tarp too for now. They made it through 1 night & day with zero wilt.

My peppers will stay inside for at least another week. Tomorrow & Tues night's lows are going to hit around 1C. Yuck.
It's a comfy 79F in here & they're loving it.

Oh yea, if you read this: Thanks AJ for talking about Superthrive. I bought some, used it twice on all the peppers. Some of the ones that had non-bug-related discoloration have returned to normal.

Poisonette looks like you have your growing season well sorted out,all the best for growing this year..amy your chillis be :onfire: ones :lol:

You do have a great hubby...hope you made him a special dinner last night...nice sized garden...

I hope your tomatoes do well in the cold...just watched the news and it seems you have some pretty cold weather coming in...it is 40F/4C here this morning and I have all of my peppers/tomatoes (except backups) outside...sun is just coming up so I hope it will warm up pretty quick...wondering about Okie Joe's plants, he is north of me and it's in the 30's there this morning...

you are quite welcome for the superthrive tip...it seems to work well with peppers and tomatoes...

I've heard so much good about Superthrive now, I guess a try can't do any harm. It's quite expensive over here though, they are importing it from the U.S. and not too many stores sell it.

Good news, tomatoes made it the 1st night a 1C covered with a blanket, tonight's supposed to be -1C though. Not looking forward to it.

And my peppers are thouroghly enjoying the extra space & light.
Less than half of the ones that were yellowing are still showing signs on their lower leaves, but are growing new pretty green ones.

***bowing head to say a prayer for tomato plants***

hope they make it alright Poisonette...

They did surprisingly fine. Thank you for asking.
Tonight's not going to be as cold, I'm still going to cover them. Seems to work.

Back