• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

greenhouse Ghetto green house presnts. homemade hydro in a can.

this is the pepper plant it is the only remaining pepper from my 2009 season it may have been a bonda man jaques or an aji limon naga cross from novacastrian or something else. lost the label.

its growing in a jar i got the idea fvrom this video.
[][/url]
i had the plant in a topsy turvy garden i tookit out after it got snapped durring tropical depression nicole it was recovering then plummeted .three days ago with a pump from an old aquarium filter , a plug , some foil and a jar. i set this up. to grow the little bugger in. i check it daily and . would you beleive the roots are growing and i can see tiny budds where new leaves will be. sorry for the crappy pics. not i have in my germination staton to keep warm and i run the pump all day. the fertilizer is miracle grow nursery select 20-20 20 fertilizer
. when you pick the jar up you notice its warm slightly but nowhere nere hot just warm. this is a good thing right. the temp in the station is at 81 to 85 most of the time and never getting below 78. is this ok .

also we have no net pots here. i planto order some what i used was the bottom of a plastic wendy's cup . mot of of this stuff i repurposed so i dints spend any money wel except 5 cents for the foili used( my estimte.). and its working so yaya . go me.

SOrry for the crappy pics again this is a cheap camera.

yeahit is always wet what can i do to prevent the rot . what can i use to prop the stem up?

once you get some roots, id just raise the foam out of the water. ive never actually seen stem rot personally, just read about it.

edit:
could it just be that it looks wetter than it actually is? to me that looks like its totally soaked.

that aeroponic kit video makes it look so easy and doable.

do you place the plant under some fluoros, in a box?

17194.jpg

17193.jpg

17192.jpg

17195.jpg

]__________A system i just made with some foam. and a jar. I'm getting a bubbler tommorow.___
17193.jpg>

Not a bad design at all and especially if it works, but it does seem a bit much. I used one of the same coffee cans and built a bubbler system with it. In my eyes it seems like both systems are trying to achieve the same thing "get the nutrients to the roots". Both systems do that but it just seems like the bubbler is a simpler design. If I am understanding right the "air tube" actually is being used to drip nutrient onto the roots right? I definitely give you an A for trying something new. Nothing wrong with that. Great job. :D

now is there a ghetto nutrient solution that we can use? or do you have to go buy something special to use it?

Back