• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Ghetto Grow Rooms #2

Sorry for the low quality picture. I just set this up today. I didn't think this was going to qualify as ghetto, but then I realized I was duct taping emergency blankets to my basement wall.

I'm using the iPower 400w. These are banana pepper plants.

My time to shine!

I might win the award for most expensive yet least impressive grow room!

270w and 240w LED grow lights, about $370.
Folding table
Extension cords
Cheapo Pedestal Oscillating fan

I'm probably going to mylar my set up and add a small heater to keep the area semi warm when it gets cold so I can enjoy peppers all year long.

l6lheBA.jpg

Hold on. If 22 and 23 qualify as ghetto, mine sure as hell does.

Mylar is duct taped to the walls just to clarify how this is ghetto.

600W MH bought last year and this year I added the flood table.

20131021_203238.jpg

Theres a chinaman on eBay selling the mylar sheets for 1 dollar a piece. I bought a few just waiting for them to come then I'll replace the aluminium foil Ive got with those.

To all my fellow ghetto grow rooms what do any of you guys have concerns about fire or anything going wrong with all the lights, heat and electronics in the grow space?

#24, your grow room is too awesome to be ghetto. If I had that, I'd consider it upper class grow room in a tight space!

I wanna play! This is about ghetto as it gets. Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvUCPMqKVKg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And hell yeah! We prolly all worry about fire. Lol

The only thing missing is the Disco Ball !!! :dance:
3rrorist said:

Sorry for the low quality picture. I just set this up today. I didn't think this was going to qualify as ghetto, but then I realized I was duct taping emergency blankets to my basement wall.

I'm using the iPower 400w. These are banana pepper plants.

pure_bordem said:

-Lights are LEDs directly from a Chinese factory via ebay x10

This is a old picture from when the room was first setup. 2-3 weeks later I have new growth and the first signs of buds! (the plants were under very poor lightning until the LEDs came in and needed time to recover). Collectively probably spent $230 and have about 15,000 Lux at canopy level.  :dance:
I would put the lights closer but I accidentally ordered 60 degree bulbs and not 120, so I need to keep them a little further back for coverage.

How have these LEDs worked out for you?

Back