• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Ghost leaves

Hi guys my first time growing Ghost Peppers
Some of the leaves seems more round than oval is this normal?

Probably depends on a lot of things.  I do notice that ghosts have a "wave" on their leaves...that's a pretty common feature.  I think one of the more commonly accepted origins of the ghost is that it was a frutescens and chinense hybrid a loooong time ago.

Helvete said:
Probably depends on a lot of things.  I do notice that ghosts have a "wave" on their leaves...that's a pretty common feature.  I think one of the more commonly accepted origins of the ghost is that it was a frutescens and chinense hybrid a loooong time ago.

^^This^^

Bhut Jolokai leaves are not round. They also have ripples on the edges of their leaves. That is the one tell tale sign that you have a ghost pepper.

20140713_093854.jpg

I have a year old ghost pepper plant I overwintered and let me tell you... There are about 30 different shapes of leaves on my plant.  Some are symmetrical, some aren't, some are big, some small, a couple purple stems, some are in "pairs", some are single, etc . etc. etc.

Maybe I'm just used to my other plants :rolleyes:

This is my mystery pepper I did not plant this it sprouted from soil left over from last season so i planted it in a 5 litre bucket........and now we wait

jFUwaDJ.jpg

Helvete said:
Yeah I can see the wave/ripple on the first pic you posted, I'd say it's most likely a bhut/naga.
either way I will be A happy camper if I get A couple of pods for seed ........all my other ones are mild to hot and our seed suppliers here are not so great so i'm steadily building seed stock  

Back