• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

Ghost leaves

Hi guys my first time growing Ghost Peppers
Some of the leaves seems more round than oval is this normal?

Probably depends on a lot of things.  I do notice that ghosts have a "wave" on their leaves...that's a pretty common feature.  I think one of the more commonly accepted origins of the ghost is that it was a frutescens and chinense hybrid a loooong time ago.

Helvete said:
Probably depends on a lot of things.  I do notice that ghosts have a "wave" on their leaves...that's a pretty common feature.  I think one of the more commonly accepted origins of the ghost is that it was a frutescens and chinense hybrid a loooong time ago.

^^This^^

Bhut Jolokai leaves are not round. They also have ripples on the edges of their leaves. That is the one tell tale sign that you have a ghost pepper.

20140713_093854.jpg

I have a year old ghost pepper plant I overwintered and let me tell you... There are about 30 different shapes of leaves on my plant.  Some are symmetrical, some aren't, some are big, some small, a couple purple stems, some are in "pairs", some are single, etc . etc. etc.

Maybe I'm just used to my other plants :rolleyes:

This is my mystery pepper I did not plant this it sprouted from soil left over from last season so i planted it in a 5 litre bucket........and now we wait

jFUwaDJ.jpg

Helvete said:
Yeah I can see the wave/ripple on the first pic you posted, I'd say it's most likely a bhut/naga.
either way I will be A happy camper if I get A couple of pods for seed ........all my other ones are mild to hot and our seed suppliers here are not so great so i'm steadily building seed stock  

Back