• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Ghosts and Habs

I don't know, I've gotten a lot of bhut's that look like that off of the same plants that i've gotten the nice tight traditional dimply looking ones. Granted it was because they were from places that don't seperate the fields so there was a lot of crossing going o. It seemed as long as a few traditionals were on there the heat wasn't affected in the first generation.

franz, not seeds....pods bought at a local farmers market.....as far as I know....

They're not Bhut Jolokia pods, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. There isn't a smooth variety. If it ain't wrinkly it ain't a Bhut.

+1 :(

I don't know, I've gotten a lot of bhut's that look like that off of the same plants that i've gotten the nice tight traditional dimply looking ones. Granted it was because they were from places that don't seperate the fields so there was a lot of crossing going o. It seemed as long as a few traditionals were on there the heat wasn't affected in the first generation.

I have too but the smooth ones are typically the exception, not the rule. Like 2 or 3 out of 50. All of the pods in the earlier picture are smooth so odds of them being true bhuts are extremely slim. In terms of crossing, that wouldn't have an effect until seeds from crossed plants were grown, would not impact pods on the same plant in the same growing season.

Back