• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Giant Pumpkin+veg. GLOG!!!

168kg/369lb
P1060206_zpswnmdpmzn.jpg

P1060207_zpsismo9d4h.jpg

P1060211_zpslh8gbrgg.jpg

ThePepperTrent said:
I'm back,let's get the ball rolling again.
Are you growing a pumpkin?

I took mine to the pumpkin festival in april, but I had some rot that made it through to the middle, so I was disqualified.  They weighed it anyway and it was the biggest pumpkin on the day. 311kg/684lb.
The week before at a different pumpkin competition they weighed a state record pumpkin at 313kg.  If my pumpkin was weighed a month earlier when it was ready I would have made a state record, but with the rot I cut out and the rot eventually making it through the middle.....I missed out.

Bummer man! Still a great kin. No plants this year,I got caught up in work and school. I am a wildland firefighter and going to school full time so I just wasn't around the start of my season. I am hoping next year I can get something going.

Hope to focus on Sweet Pie Pumpkins next year, got the seeds, have had no luck the past three years so hoping this new start will be different. Too bad about the rot :(

Back