• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping Gibberellic Acid GA-3 (Potent plant growth hormone)

13538434404101336751884.jpeg

Source: This image was found on the internet and was not taken by me.

Hello everyone, 

Just wondering has anyone experimented with this stuff (Gibberellic acid)? Apparently its a very potent growth hormone for plants, used often in the grape growing industry in small dilute quantities. Chemically it is viable for all sorts of plants I was wondering how it would fair with chilli plants. 

They're not cheap either ! Just a single gram is going to cost 30 dollars (AUD). Better do something if I get my hands on it. 

Cheers guys,
Andrew

I know your in AU, but here in the US it is available cheap off Amazon or Ebay.  Can you not find an Ebay seller that will ship it to you?  If not I would be willing to help you out if you have it shipped to me.

Thanks guys for the response !

@ Scuba_Steve, thats very kind of you. Don't worry my friend, for the amount of chilis I have (which isn't more than 2 dozen) I won't need to bother anyone overseas to send to me. I really appreciate you offering though !

@ Nzchilli, interesting product. I just googled, but it doesn't say any where that it contains gibberellic acid. How did you manage to confirm that ?

@ NUclearDays, "Haha, you can buy 10 kilograms of it for $5,388 ... BARGAIN !!!" Hah! I called a chemical supply company yesterday and they said they sell in bulk orders of 10 to 100kgs... apparently the stuff expires in 2 years so definitely won't be spending tens of thousands.

ChilliAndrew said:
Thanks guys for the response !

@ Nzchilli, interesting product. I just googled, but it doesn't say any where that it contains gibberellic acid. How did you manage to confirm that ?

it says on the back of the container :)

Also see the product description here;

http://www.bunnings.co.nz/yates-nitrosol-liquid-blood-bone-500ml_p00123584

extract - "Nitrosol also contains two special and naturally occuring growth promotants, Gibberellins and Triacontanol, which help your plants to take up and use all of the nutrients provided"

nzchili said:
it says on the back of the container :)

Also see the product description here;

http://www.bunnings.co.nz/yates-nitrosol-liquid-blood-bone-500ml_p00123584

extract - "Nitrosol also contains two special and naturally occuring growth promotants, Gibberellins and Triacontanol, which help your plants to take up and use all of the nutrients provided"

Thanks for the link Nzchilli !
Unfortunately, that's the Bunnings shop in NZ. They don't sell that here, I checked.

Apparently the Australian community aren't too fond of these growth hormones so the company just simply doesn't sell them. I managed to find a source that sells it very much like nitrosol, its from Amgrow but no where does it say contains gibberellins and triacontanol on the bottle. Its only a vague : This product contains seaweed and "chinese herbs".  Managed to find it via the MSDS sheet.

I'll probably get the liquid and do the experiment. Will post results if there are results. Cheers!

Back