• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Global Bucket Q's

So I've decided on using the global bucket system, minus the extra automatic watering stuff. I got a stack of free buckets (local Chinese place uses a lot of soy sauce), and now I'm just waiting on my bhuts to grow a bit. I'm trying to think of all my questions ahead of time, but I'm sure there will be something I don't know that will come up right in the middle of it!

Anyway- first question: Best way to fertilize? In the video the kids use a handful of 12-12-12 leave in fert. right around the edge of the bucket. How do you know how much is enough or too much? How long will that last? Or would it be possible to use like a 1/5 or 1/10th mix of a soluble mix all the time in the water? Does one way work better than the other? How many questions can I fit into one paragraph? :)

I'm also thinking about using aluminum foil as a mulch for the buckets. I've read in a post here somewhere that it helps with production. Anything there I should be aware of??

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Edit: Would I have better luck in the grow tech forum??

Back