• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

=[ GM's Making Something With Peppers ]=

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think that I'd enjoy making some sauce or such ...

Compared to homebrewing, it's pretty relaxed seeming ...

If you aren't too anal about chunks etc, it can apparently be as simple as de-seeding and prepping some pods and veg, cooking it up, stick blending it, and then straining it into glass jars while still hot ...

I'm not trying to make it sound like people's sauces are that simple - I realize people use food mills and check pH's and more ... but, for my purposes of having some fun, it can be that simple, right? ...

tctenten said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg

Pretty sure you probably have this gadget.

Works great instead of a food mill. Just use a spatula to push the good stuff through. It will keep all the seeds out of your sauce.
Yup, have two ... double-screen, reinforced ...

I also have a fine mesh small one ...

And the funnel with strainer from brewing ...

And cheese muslin ...

No worries!

More peppers in my kitchen right now than any single pull from when I grew 'em ...

b19508d68e2f9d04719062a81320b363.jpg

b0ae5f69eaa4ad750ae6dc0056563d24.jpg

d0163a75d5b7f123efc5a1631e16a1bc.jpg

Danielle just woke up and realized all the peppers spread across the range aren't the one's from the fridge from the past week, lol :rofl:

Danielle is not impressed. BWAHAHA ...

Anyways ...

Time to order some sauce-specific groceries ...

I have ample garlic and onion, but we ate the pineapple, so I think I'll get some fruit and carrots, and maybe some sweet potato or something ...

In the ass, rape my face ... yuuuuup.

Let that vinegar tame those fucters down a little bit ...

Everything I read about pikliz is that it fades in the fridge over time ...

Purrrfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back