• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GNSLNGR 2013,14, and 1 to grow on 2015!,..Just some pics of another on the go "grow"

The grow begins....pictureless. Because everyone should be able to "minds eye" a picture of dirt. Dirt on the road.....
in the back of an FJ for afew days -parking managed by sun light availability.3 days later 1 65 watt halogen to keep em warm.
On the tenth day(10 days after germ beganso closer to 2 weeks), I head back to the ranch-metaphorically thinking...or typing-whatever;)!

Over watered, because got over dry, sink or swim kids.....if you make it, you will rule!
At this point , they're being fed with 2 strip flourescents and a 90 watt grolight.
One cat thought , awesome, it is warm, the humans fuss over this spot, so I will sleep here.I gently extricate cat, for it knows not what it does. I assume waking up in the air will get my point across, as far as "must not sleep there".Seems to work.Uno , my ever watchful Jack Russell Valkyrie Familiar, drives the exclamation point home by chasing "Lira"up the nearest tree.Not much damage due skillful cat handling ;).

3 weeks....getting a watering schedule dialed, most sprouts have returned to their precat status, and yes some got helped back "up".2 or 3 were brutally uprooted in frustration, which I played off as "Let that be a lesson to the rest of you!".No time for the sissy stuff this year.The missing plants have been split and put into 12 Oz'rs.
4 days after this, all potential plantlets were transplanted into 16/20oz cups. Yes I know"Its way to early said the choir"!!!!
Tough shit, hit the dirt, time to drive back to Houston.So I packed up the truck "and they moved to Beverly....", well Houston.
The next pic you will see one tupperware tray, the little kids get to stay home with the evil princess;).

I talk all this smack , and then notice when I get to Houston that the vibration has toppled half of the plants(narrow bases of the 16 oz cups walking around....ahhh F*ck,"We have casualties on the ground, I need air YESTERDAY! I say again...".Shit , Its 23:30.
In 30 minutes, they have been recupped and dual large bore IV'd.To prevent further damage, I seak out plastic cups at the nearest late night Indian owned gasvenience station.....What about beer you ask?....HeHeHe-I left home fully loaded, on ice, I hate driving around late at night looking for beer. I don't really like doing it for cups either, but you what you gotta do, or won't have a grow.The cups were(and did) to provide buffers for the tippers, and were placed inverted in various places to prevent VIT during additional transit required.Photo bucket crapped out so this is it for episode one.
Have a good one-
DJ

Addition relevant comments:
I believe new grow seeds for this round are all Chinense, and in order of appearance:
First up 1. Peach Bullets -R Alber; 2;Melissa's Black Scorpions Tongues -3 days.
Second up 3. Carolina Reapers-Pepper Joe/Ed Currie; 4. Bhut Jolokia X 7 Pot Douglah-Matt G; 5. 7 Pot Browns-OBN; 8. Bhut Jolokia x Cleo's Dragon-R Alber;-5 days
Third up 9. Jay's Peach Bhut -OBN; 10. Brain Strain Orange-OBN; 11.White Fatalli-R Alber; 12. TS Yellow x Bhut Jolokia Yellow-??, 13. Bhut Jolokia x Chocolate Hab-Matt G-7 days

Failure to lauch :The Pumpkin (not a Butch T)....Bummer, and 2 others......?????
At the end of the next 9 day stretch ,all were tx'd to 20 oz cups, and nice rootage;)
The beasts of the bunch-Melissa's Black Scorpions Tongues, and Then The Bhut Jolokia x Cleo's Dragons, all of which had 6-8 leaves on departing for Ghana.
Beers-
DJ

Round 2,  ...2nd week home....I notice strange dark and twisted new growth on several plants ......

2nd plant out round Brain Strain Red podding up

Brazilian Ghost Scorp tailin' up

Minions..........hatchling Anole, assessing a jump, and me at the same time....

Lone Mantis....apparently they aren't voracious enough because

The infamous Green Peach Aphid Gang discovered, then I spend 3 August days in the driveway rebuilding my front end-new Lotus engineering Chromoly caged front cv axles installed , then a Tom Woods custom HA Driveshaft for the FJ, I point this out for 2 reasons: never do that in the July sun, and,it was a a distraction while the hordes invaded the patch.Looked like a few
 rice filled claymores went off.So , I did my best to chase off the living friendlies ....and got chemical on those MF's.Fearing the worst, 3 days later the minions were back on station ,even the mantis.SEVIN in liquid mixed just hair on the week side.The damage was done to all the new growth on the second plant out plants- so podding up will be later still.Shrug, roll on. 

Black Fatalii's...mmmmm

Inside out.....

a few mixed pods....the Peach Naga T1 visible is a screamer.WTF, they are usually sissies.It made me one.Nice.

Snapper alert....

This means that yes, I at work right now;)!

Obviously everyone can which way is up but Photo book or THP, chased those top 2 pics three times.....roll eyes!

Round 3......

Cappo T2 turning......cappoccino colored(I guess, never having cappoccino'ed-it's straight up w/2 shots of espresso for me)

Chopper , makin the rounds , note the stiff , deforming drk green leaf he is crossing-Indicative of aphids/mites.At this point ,the aphid ranch is going full rogue- beyond natural control.....

After picking up on the infestation...tons of leave drop, very easy to see from a distance with the pine straw.The problem with a near weed free garden, first , no weeds for em to feast on, and given the choice ...grass or a big juicy forest, guess what they choose.Spread was like a firestorm, as the 30" + separation I maintained vs 24", still wasn't wide enough for good separation.These are typical of the dropped leaves as was all the sticky aphid waste droplets.The upper leaf syrfaces were sticky enough to be tacky if passed between the rows,afterwhich you looked like a giant bee fresh from a pollen run. Spray time, I will not be quite as restrained next year. 1 app of neem followed about 5 days later with the afore mentioned SEVIN.

A beast of a Brazilian Ghost Scorpion........maybe a candidate for a Moruga Mustard, or a Moruga Satan crossing.....hmmmm

So , here is the Peach Naga T1 , picked a bit early, but I was in need!Shown sporting a much more impressive gut shot then expected.More oil then the Jays Peach Bhut Scorps from last year...a faster harder burn. I still love the Jay's though, and I am regretting they passed in the initial seedling purge.I f you've been here before you know what that means.... :shh:

Dog break, Uno , ruling the universe....

Ginger flower

Another surprise Peach, picked about 2 weeks later ,same plant....taken out for the ride this trip, and cut open 10 days later......

That Moruga Mustard Pod.....along for the ride :shh:

Just got caught up from all the way back in March.

Rough start maybe, but the mid to closing looks most excellent!

Keep it green and don't work too hard!

Well hell, been on the far side of the world , usually operating with not enough band width to post and transfer everything into photobucket and then transfer to THP. I hope everyone had a killer grow, I got damn near wiped out by those aphids but in the end the Aji's came through for me as did several of the late starters-Primo Butch T's, Brazilian Ghost Scorps, 7p0t Red x Bhuts, and the Mor.Satans, Peach Nagas......forget the Cappuccino Naga's(Just not real tasty....no point in heat for no reason). Next years grow is under way, with unexpected help :dance: . I'll catch this up when I'm feet dry USA in April...Good luck with the 2016's!

Back