Gofundme campaign to get our farm running

ColdSmoke said:
Maybe you're looking at them as a personal attack on Aaron...they're not. The sentiment is general in nature...and it's probably coming from folks like myself who had to build their business with their own sweat equity and risks. Losing your job doesn't count as a risk for a new venture; it just means you're in a tough spot. The risk is there regardless if you start a new business or not...everyone has bills to pay. I wish the man success but asking strangers for money without offering a thing in return is bad business. period. I don't care how good of a person you are. To me, this looks like a campaign to raise as much money to help with day to day living until he can start the business which he will definitely need a loan or grant for that big of a number; and that's not going to sit well with anyone. 

A loan is the only answer in this situation...if a qualified lender won't lend you money then the project was probably doomed anyway. Private financing could work that's really expensive money...
Ok well I'm not saying anyone here is getting anything in life free. I worked in the trades and owned my own business that I built from nothing for 38 years and that's after my injuries sustained from the military. So I'm no slacker brother. My point was he's not trying to have the whole venture paid for they are putting in their own money as well I like the suggestions on the loans combined with a start-up venture. It's just the ridiculous tone used in the answers. If the question is legitimate then so should the answers.
There's no need for the hostilities projected by those answering if the question offends someone they should move on. Just shouting and accusing someone of fraud or telling people how there parents raised them and worth a squirt in the ocean.

Not saying anyone is right or wrong just some decency when answering a question. :) after all were all here for the same reason to learn enjoy our hobby or profession and make friends. I wouldn't answer my children with anger. And I'm not saying AaronTT is a child!! Hahaha just saying we are all new at something no matter your age or experience and teaching or helping a fellow member with kindness and respect should be the norm.

Sorry if I've made myself unclear. Just look at things differently I guess!! :)

Cheers all.

Even if the farm was going to generate money for starving children, it wouldn't be enough ... and it isn't.

It doesn't offer a thing to investors, but in particular, it doesn't even provide the substrate for an opportunity to feel good for what you've helped make possible ...

I'll refrain from relating this to the other crowdfunding drives we have going in the community right now ... to be nice.

AaronTT said:
 In a stable environment even a few decades ago, I would take greater risks. I think taking a loan out with a large down payment on a piece of land is taking enough of a chance, and pretty damn close to "all in". As I said I don't want to finance any further, as debt right now is foolish to acquire imho. ....... I don't believe taking on another loan would be wise at this stage considering.

Basically one of my chief goals which appears here not to be valued lol is to be debt free. As most view my unwillingness to do so as negative, it makes it hard for others to understand and see my position. .......

Taking too high of a risk can put yourself and family in a precarious position. The extent of that position would be too high in my opinion by taking out another loan. I err on the side of less rather than more when it comes to debt what can I say. I believe if you have an outstanding loan on whatever, you don't own it. I want to truly OWN my own business, not be owned. If I owe anything then its not mine.
Sorry, man. I wasn't trying  to put words in your mouth. I was just judging based on what you already said in the quoted above. I pulled out all of the things that led me to believe you wanted to be debt free. If I misread or misconstrued, then I'm sorry.

Well I do want to be debt free, but this 250k I never said anything about using the money to become debt free. I said I want to get a farm up and running. The land is one thing, but there are a lot more expenses in order to set it up to actually make money. Maybe I should put up a separate one just for that since I am already being accused of doing so, lol. You did misread or misconstrued but I don't hold grudges. Thanks for apologizing.  
Phil said:
Sorry, man. I wasn't trying  to put words in your mouth. I was just judging based on what you already said in the quoted above. I pulled out all of the things that led me to believe you wanted to be debt free. If I misread or misconstrued, then I'm sorry.

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
I also want chicks for free? 
So, what incentive will you be offering your investors?

Back