• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Golf anyone?

Pr0digal_son said:
You are supposed to tell us it's because you fire away from flags to set up makable birdies!!!!!!!

I have seen 8 of them and had 2 myself. I once saw an ace in the group ahead of us during a scramble and a guy in my group kacked the skin with an ace of his own, have yet to see anything that insane since. I remember reading somewhere that John Wooden made an ace and a double eagle in the same round. Double eagle would be the ultimate,haven't been that fortunate.

Only 2 rounds this season and snow on it's way. This thread has me itching!
Yes, that must be it, John. From now on that`s my excuse, errr, reason.

I`ve had 3 double eagles, or Albatrosses, as we call them in Europe. The last one was in 2012. Holed a 3-wood from 301 yards. I`ve also had 2 on a par 4 about 15 times, holing out full shots from the fairway. But not a single bloody hole in one. 

My nephew is assistant pro at Wente Vineyards in Livermore. He has a three handicap last I heard. I used to golf a lot as a kid but haven't done it in years. Too expensive now for me.

Back