• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Google+ (Plus)

I think it would be interesting to create a hot pepper 'circle' on Google+. While some of the features would simply be redundant to those already provided by this forum, there are others that I think would enhance this existing community. If anyone needs an invite to google+ (it's still invite only at the moment) and / or is already on there and wants to help create the 'circle', send me a message and we'll get it going.
:woohoo:

Btw, a circle is basically a group of people that is organized around a topic, such as work, family, and peppers!

If there was a way that you could make a circle post go to the "recent status updates" on these forums then it might be interesting to use.

I have been using Google + for a bit now and it is not the easiest social networking site to use, and there is not a huge community there yet. I am not sure if it is still invite only or open for all, or maybe it goes by how old your gmail account is. It is heavily tied to gmail. Right off the bat all of your gmail contacts are in your pool of people to create circles with, and send email invites to if they are not yet a member. If they do not make some updates quickly to make it more intuitive than it will die to the way side like "google wave" did.

The android google + app has some interesting features though. It almost seems like they built it more for cell phone application than a site itself. One of the cool features is you can swipe to the right and it will find anyone that has checked in near you, if they say it is public. Cool but at the same time could get a bit scary with some of the creeps that are out there in the world.

i'd love too but..... this is what you get when you try to create an account or attempt to sigh in via your google account:

" Google+ is in limited Field TrialRight now, we're testing with a small number of people, but it won't be long before the Google+ project is ready for everyone. Leave us your email address and we'll make sure you're the first to know when we're ready to invite more people."

if it changes.. i'd be down.

Cheers!

Back