event GOT AN IDEA. !!!!

on sat may the 12 i posted a while ago is our north carolina state chili championship...the current world champion dana polcheck will be at our cook off cooking. i had a neat idea just run thru my mind..myself and vic (chili man) cook at this event and my idea is this.. to promote the website and great hot sauces we have here on this site is to make up a www.thehotpepper.com gift basket to raffle off or give away at the state championship.

what do yall think??

ive got a cpl of hot sauces like some daves and others i will donate to the basket.
if alot comes in we could make several baskets??

IMG_1523.JPG

ill just put it here capt...if anyone wants to put in something for the basket feel free.....its for a good cause hopefuly if i got the picture to appear like i wanted...this is josh he has epilepsy and we are trying to raise money for the epilepsy medication fund....people that dont have money for meds medication can run into the hundreds and thousands...
mike williams
c/o davie county sheriffs office
140 south main street
mocksville nc 27028
im gonna put in some magma and frostbite and hazmat

the cook off is may the 12th so anytime before then...im thinking of finding some red and yellow paper to make the basket look like its on fire. and put the hot sauces around the flames.

Very crafty, Martha, you gonna make napkin rings as well;)
(Actually a nice idea, just felling a bit feisty today)

I plan on making a bid!

Hey Kato, send some of your Rajun Cajun and I'll bid my butt off! Between some Cap'n and the Cajun, I'd be one happy boy!

bubbaschili said:
on sat may the 12 i posted a while ago is our north carolina state chili championship...the current world champion dana polcheck will be at our cook off cooking. i had a neat idea just run thru my mind..myself and vic (chili man) cook at this event and my idea is this.. to promote the website and great hot sauces we have here on this site is to make up a www.thehotpepper.com gift basket to raffle off or give away at the state championship.

what do yall think??

ive got a cpl of hot sauces like some daves and others i will donate to the basket.
if alot comes in we could make several baskets??

A bottle of Blue's Habanero reserve (unsigned) was sent this morning. Shouldn't take but a day to get to Mocksville.

thank you so much blue.....vic...lets put our heads together we could either put it in the silent auction or do drawing for a buck a draw(i got some of those tickets that split in 2) what do you think? if we get enough we can make 2 or 3 baskets.....my daughter went thru her closet last night and i got like 5 or 6 easter baskets....im gonna tell her the easter bunny repoed em.

hmmmmmmm your right baskets sound kinda fruity.....what else could we put them in????? geeezzz watch one episode of rachel ray and im doing gift baskets.....i need to do something manly...quick everyone to the strip club!!!! well smoke cigars and whistle at half naked women......whooooooooooo

I would imagine that as silent auction would make the most cash but the drawing would be way more fun (and I would have a fighting chance) Might be funny to throw in a fire extinguisher with the sauces. (I have one available as it turns out.)

I'll think on it for a bit and see what lightbulbs go off here and write down any brilliance.

And, though I know Bubba will thank you all enough, I would like to send thanks to all who can help. This is not my event, but I take some pride in it and even won the award for raising the most money last year and hope to repeat. So thanks!

If it's not to late Kato's is willing to send up 5or 6 of his sauces. Just PM me with a shipping address.

Mick
Kato's

kato said:
If it's not to late Kato's is willing to send up 5or 6 of his sauces. Just PM me with a shipping address.

Mick
Kato's

mike williams
c/o davie county sheriffs office
140 south main street
mocksville nc 27028

Not too late! Cook off on the 12th of May. Anyone interested can still send with lots of time left. (I am subbing for Bubba there, we are connected psychicly!)

Bubs, how about instead of baskets, we get a couple of the buckets that beer is served in at bars, WAY more macho. In fact we could probably get a few old beat up ones from some watering hole, MUY MUY MACHO!!

Bubba...suces and salsas are on the way,
Marco's Sauces always supports good causes.
and the basket doesn't sound fruity..:) we always make them at events for giveaways and peoples love them..

vic i like the beer bucket idea.
i work at a bar part time ill see if i can get some from there and ill let you know.
ahhhhhh feel more manly now.......(tim the tool man taylor grunt)

Back