• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake Got some Powders from Pepperlover

Yeah I am thinking I need to do something similar.... either that or bring some extra hot peppers and hand them to the waiter and ask them to add the peppers to the food they are making... I guess either would suffice

I've been considering growing a plant or two.. but held of getting seeds so far as I live in a apartment style condo and I have a tonn of indoor plants already so it is hard to find a good spot.... I do have a south by south west facing top floor unit so it gets sun all day and warms up pretty good from the sun alone... so I'm going to give it a shot with some seeds I saved from peppers I bought... perhaps I can get one or two to germinate... dunno about making my own dried powers though.... I think I might have to break down and order some of that magic powder spoken of in this thread...

Haha Zokambaa, I think these restaurants tend to tone the food down because they want their customers to keep coming back.

The inability for restaurants to supply an adequate level of heat seems to be a common complaint for chile heads, and I've read from others in different countries with the same concerns.

There is an Indian restaurant in Edmonton called the Red Chili that we ate at recently.

I asked for a spicy dish and they gave me the hottest one on their menu and it was quite notable in it's high level of heat.

They also brought out some very hot spicy pickled peppers for use as a condiment.

I'd have to say that receiving that level of heat at a restaurant in Edmonton is rare and that's why I will carry a shaker of hot pepper powder along, whenever I can remember to bring it.

So I guess you'll have to take matters into your own hands Zokambaa and bring along a bottle of either the hot sauce or powder of your choice to season your food to the desired heat level for your liking.

dvg

I got some of Judy's Trinidad Volcano in yesterdays's mail ... and a gift bag also :onfire:

I love the powders ... and her's are the best I've tried.

Mahalo !!!!

I put a "dash" of Trinidad Volcano on a plate of food I was re-heating; man, it cleared my head right up. Nice heat & flavor! I am now a regular customer for sure.

Just received some of Judy's Trinidad Volcano powder yesterday after trying to wait patiently for the UK postal service to deliver it! I had some with dinner last night and have to say it was well worth the wait!!
Just need to find an empty spice shaker to put it in now, so I can take it with me to liven up any meal I have out and about :mouthonfire: :dance:

Anyone know how these dried powders will hold up in the freezer, providing you have a good seal...

I often put the bulk spices in the freezer and take out only 1/3 of a small spice bottle at a time to preserve freshness... but some things are better than others to freeze

Back