greenhouse Greenhouse and raised bed made of used tyres

Wilkommen Aoerty.
Ich bin Engländer. Ich spreche kein wenig Deutsch.

As you can see. Your English is better than my German - I did 5 years of it at school (5 years ago) but would love to learn it fluently. Your greenhouse is nice by the way. Look foward to seeing lots more pictures.

Chris

Welcome from Lake Constance noch Frangen! Wo issen des Hirn?
Nice setup! Kinda AJ-ish though...;) You will learn here what that means.:lol:

ich bin schottlander!!!
& that's about the extent of my German alas, but a big "wilkommen" from me too.
great home-made gh there, your DIY skills are better than mine.

Thank you so much für all your replies:onfire:

@ wordwiz: the top is made of used polycarbonate plates, which were given to me! Its 16mm strong. In German we call them "Doppelstegplatten". Here is a link http://www.kmd-spessart.de/images/Dacheindeckungen/Dacheindeckungen%2003_gr.jpg
They can / should be used für greenhouses. But when you buy one in a supermarket the completion is just 4mm strong. So DIY

i guess i will start the season in late march...
the chillis i am raising indoors already, so that i will get strong and healthy plants and can do 2 harvests at least.

for the ventilation i have made several windows: adverse to the door the big window: I constructed it in a way that i can arrange it. here is a picture:
041109046.jpg

and there also a window above the door:
041109038.jpg

on the front side (looking to south!=) i´ve made several small windows

with these windows i can regulate the temperature quite exactly - at least i hope so...

i made these small windows between the bars

maybe i will mount ventilator that works with solar cells...

By the way: The chain was from the cowshed (for 0 bugs)
unfortunatly i forgot to remove the barrel before the first frost. So now its broken =(

@Armadillo: ?? 2cv is called "Ente" in Germany and it was built by Citroen! Just kidding. I´ve got really no idea what you mean - OK , you talk aboout the material!
Maybe the picture below will help you:
041109051.jpg

and the winter rules in germany too.... the strongest i can remember

But the ground inside the house isn´t frozen. Even the weed that was inside the chicken manure germinated....
so a nice colour accent in the greenhouse

I was talking about that wheel you screwed to the wall for winding up the water hose. Looks Ente-mäßig or R4-mäßig...

Yeah, this year's German winter is a nice proof for global warming...;) At this very moment I have the smoker in action on the porch. It has about 30°F. The view to the Alps is bad today.

Due to this hard conditions I´ve made some chairs and a table yesterday in my heated garage.
The chairs

and the plate of the table:

Ive got to finish this tomorrow....

So nothing militates against a hot BBQ summer. hopefully with jalapeno poppers

ah yeah, now i got you....
i havn´t mount this. it was my grandfather. Unfortunately i cant ask him anymore. (7 years to late)

aoerty said:
ah yeah, now i got you....
i havn´t mount this. it was my grandfather. Unfortunately i cant ask him anymore. (7 years to late)

I'm sorry to hear that.

You still didn't answer my frängisch question! Wo issen des Hirn?;)

So you're not a Antenne Bayern listener?
"Wo issen des Hirn?"
"Do wo's hie ghört!"
"Des glaab i net!"
(Metzgerei Bockensack)

16 mil is nice! I was going to use 8 mil for the front until I got enough windows (for free) that I didn't need it. I am seriously considering replacing the top next year - it is 13-mil reinforced plastic but it only allows about 50 percent light transmission. There is a place just down the road from me that sells 8-mil twinwall polycarb - $120 for a 4'x24' piece, which isn't bad. But I can get 26"x12' corrugated panels for $20 each, or just $120 for enough to cover the top. The former would provide a lot more insulation, but that won't be very important as I don't plan to grow anything in it in the dead of winter - not enough sun.

Mike

For me it was very important to build my GH with a very small budget. So its really a low budget thing!
I even used parts of my old GH, that you can see on the very first pics.
If i were you i would dispense with the insulation!

But of course in the end it has to look like something good!

Back