Greeting from Kentucky

Hi everyone my name is Chris Im from Lexington, Ky. I am alover of hot sauces and just started making my own this year. I have been making some BBQ sauce for awhile now. I am thinking of selling my hot sauce within the next year or so, to give me time to perfect it, but I was wondering those of you who are already marketing sauces how did you get started.

Welcome fellow Lexingtonian.
I'm a fairly new member of THP myself, and have been very impressed with the info I have found, the comments and friendly tone of other members.
I joined to find out more about hot peppers in general.I grew several different kinds this year, and am interested in growing more next season.
Good luck with your hot sauce....I just made a couple batches recently(I adapted Texas Blue's recipe)and am enjoying it every day(and morning after)

Hi everyone my name is Chris Im from Lexington, Ky. I am  alover of hot sauces and just started making my own this year. I have been making some BBQ sauce for awhile now. I am thinking of selling my hot sauce within the next year or so, to give me time to perfect it, but I was wondering those of you who are already marketing sauces how did you get started.

Chris,

we started by making a damn bloody good sauce.

Welcome from Austin Texas.

May You Soul Rest In Peppers

HERE

4386562877_0488df8fc1.jpg

NJA

welcom from TN for ur business u need to offer something distinctive with high value and build your self a website or sell your products with an already existed you should have agood name to be used as brand name for ur hot souce ....

good luck if u need more help pm me

Greetings from Defcon HQ...

How do you get started? Make what you think is a good product, test market it, and then be prepared to bust your ass every day. If someone doesn't know you exist, you can pretty much bet that they won't be ordering from you.

Hi everyone my name is Chris Im from Lexington, Ky. I am alover of hot sauces and just started making my own this year. I have been making some BBQ sauce for awhile now. I am thinking of selling my hot sauce within the next year or so, to give me time to perfect it, but I was wondering those of you who are already marketing sauces how did you get started.

Welcome!!! It's not easy getting to market but at the same time it's not hard...you need a good product and an amazing package/design!

Welcome Welcome!

As to your question, we (Heartbreaking Dawns) started by bringing sauces to BBQ's, family parties,birthdays .. well basically any event theres a bunch of people and food! We first got responses from them, then moved to continue, discontinue, or alter certain flavors. After that, we did a local fair that is held twice a year. You can't be naive in the sense that your family and friends are generally nicer than strangers! Start small and local, and grow from there! Good luck to you! This is a great forum with a plethora of information

xo nicole

Welcome from Oakland, CA. And what Nicole said! That's exactly what I'm doing right now. I even sold maybe 15 bottles here and there with good responses from all. Tonight I'm bringing some up to a party with 50+ people to see what they think. Good luck.

Back