• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Grodan Grow-Chunks dwc review.

Well going to be growing a Naga Morich pepper in this setup.For the first week our so i will be hand watering the plant from the top with a weak Nutrient solution of Pure Blend Pro Grow.The chunks were soaking in a nutrient solution for about 45 minutes.Then i filled the 3" net cup with some grow chunks added the pepper and filled some more.Here's a few pic's:lol:Would like to thanks Grodan Inc for the donations.

p.h- 6.0
Tds-271
growchunks1.jpg

growchunks2.jpg

And a few of the pepper.:hell:
growchunks3.jpg

growchunks4.jpg

The Naga Morich will be grown in my dr 120 under the 400 watt hps for two week's then moved to the other room were it will get sunlight for most of the day.

Cool, I'll be watching. I've got a few sprouts started and I'm toying with the idea of throwing a couple into some sort of hydro system, too, and DWC seems like a great choice.

update.

Well the Naga Morich is growing and all is good.It's been 12 days since the first pic,so far i watered this plant 2 times.The Grow-Chunks seem to hold water real well,there is no root's showing so i will still water it from the top.
47101.jpg

p.h 6.0
tds-271

OK!!

It's time to turn it up a bit.The plant got roots shooting out the bottom now so it's time to add the air stone and the new Nutrient solution.A few pic's
nm101.jpg

nm102.jpg

nm104.jpg

nm103.jpg

toasty,

What kind of medium do you use to germinate the plants? I took a look at the product and wow - $40 for 2 cubic feet! But your plant looks great.

Mike

toasty,

They look interesting and well worth trying. Any special tricks to germinating seeds in them (I'm a dirt/potting mix farmer!). I have maybe a 5 percent success rate (that's probably way too high), germinating and getting seedlings to a transplant stage using rockwool but growing in a potting mix and rinsing the stuff off the roots before adding it to a bucket is a PITA. And when you transplant, do you make sure the bottom of the plug gets water?

BTW, my broccoli hasn't died - yet!

Mike

Any special tricks to germinating seeds in them
Nope,the only thing i do is pinch a small piece of the Rapid Rooter and fill the hole where the seed is, and keep moist.
And when you transplant, do you make sure the bottom of the plug gets water?
Yeah,I really soak the growing media that i'm transplanting it too then lightly water the Rapid Rooter and rest of the media from the top!

Roots!!

The Naga Morich is doing pretty good since it only gets about 4-5 hours direct sunlight, and a few days it's been cloudy outside. The roots have really took off.It's grown a little over 1" since the last pic.
420101.jpg

420102.jpg

420103.jpg

9 days later

This Naga Morich seems to love this system.The Grodan Grow-Chunks are easy to work with and so far i'm not having any ph trouble.Not bad for a plant that only gets 4-5 hours direct light.
naga1n.jpg

naga2.jpg

I notice Liquid karma seems to stain the roots brown every time i use it.
ph-6.6
ppm-408 on the .5 scale
water temp-68-70

Back