• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Grow List

Well heres the peppers Im certain im growing in 2010.
Our Spring is September 1st so it wont be long untill ill be starting the seeds.
Bhut Jolokia
Red Habanero
Prairie Fire
Birds Eye
Jalapeno
and Cayenne (long thin)
This will be my first time growing most of these varietys so any advice is appreciated.
Ill post pics when they get started.
Thanks

My only advice would be to get your soil and compost ready. It's a PITA if you have to do it at the last minute.

Read up on germination, and find what best works with you. I've failed a few times, too hot, too cold, too much water.... just plain fail. But, i learn better by first f**king things up.

Yeah i think have everything ready,
I think I have germination sorted but my setup isnt a very professional one.
Wet Paper Towel/Seed starting mix ----> Potting Mix ---------> Daily Feeding --------> and i let them sit outside in pots during the day then take them inside at night.
One of my habaneros that i sit by the fire every night doesnt even seem to know its winter.
Its bushy as hell and covered in buds so fingers crossed.
Thanks

*edit* its actually Autumn anyway not winter*

New Pepper said:
Yeah i think have everything ready,
I think I have germination sorted but my setup isnt a very professional one.
Wet Paper Towel/Seed starting mix ----> Potting Mix ---------> Daily Feeding --------> and i let them sit outside in pots during the day then take them inside at night.
One of my habaneros that i sit by the fire every night doesnt even seem to know its winter.
Its bushy as hell and covered in buds so fingers crossed.
Thanks

*edit* its actually Autumn anyway not winter*

Good to hear man, IMO there's nothing worse than waiting 4 weeks for the type that you really want to grow and then realizing it aint going to happen. But on the upside, gives you an even bigger high when it does poke its/their head out :)

Good luck to you New Pepper! ;) I personally had the hardest time with the "tepins" germinating. I swear out of 12 cells I got 2 to germinate and only one that is still a possible viable one! The others I tried were super germinators! Keep us posted and as stated earlier: Best wishes on your grow season which is quickly approaching.

Yeah, I agree with Mali. I started 12 tepins as well, and only got 1 to germinate. But once they start growing, they go crazy! Best of luck!

Back