• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2015 !!!!

East Texas Heat said:
my little ladies got a new home. Definitely a race for last place over here! crappy pic incoming

oKI27lK.jpg

Nice purple veining on those leaves. Haven't seen that on LOT before... wonder if you got a cool variant there. May be picture blur though.

lol, take a week just to flip through the pages. 

Looks like a got a inch growth since my last pics. Going to end up having to move them to other shelf with the big plants at this rate. almost touching the lights and they are raised as far as I can get. 

maximumcapsicum said:
Nice purple veining on those leaves. Haven't seen that on LOT before... wonder if you got a cool variant there. May be picture blur though.
All three of mine have it, probably genetic. Slashing and burning as we speak!

maximumcapsicum said:

East Texas Heat said:
All three of mine have it, probably genetic. Slashing and burning as we speak!
Cool temps, large temp swings between night/day and minute nutrient issues. 
Those will disappear once it warms a bit and those roots get happy in the soil. 

Lovely spring day here in Indiana, thought I'd share some photos, got most of the pepper seedlings out for some water and hardening off. I'm trying to keep seedlings small, it's too wet to plow or till, looks like mid to late May for getting in the ground. You can see my Thai's are quite puny, about 4-5 inches for now. I did put some osmocote, very small amount, in everything. I'm happy with them. I did have my first bloom from Purple Haze from Enrico, lovely flower! My bees have been very busy pollinating every thing in sight. I got into the hives looking for brood and they were already capping off honey! I quickly put on supers, and now my strongest hive looks like a skyscraper. I'm going to need a ladder to harvest. The weather forecast for next week looks pretty chilly, back to the 30's. Everyones plants really look marvelous!

fiogga said:

Lovely spring day here in Indiana, thought I'd share some photos, got most of the pepper seedlings out for some water and hardening off. I'm trying to keep seedlings small, it's too wet to plow or till, looks like mid to late May for getting in the ground. You can see my Thai's are quite puny, about 4-5 inches for now. I did put some osmocote, very small amount, in everything. I'm happy with them. I did have my first bloom from Purple Haze from Enrico, lovely flower! My bees have been very busy pollinating every thing in sight. I got into the hives looking for brood and they were already capping off honey! I quickly put on supers, and now my strongest hive looks like a skyscraper. I'm going to need a ladder to harvest. The weather forecast for next week looks pretty chilly, back to the 30's. Everyones plants really look marvelous!
beautiful post! Thanks for sharing! They have these new honey comb insert for your boxes that seperate in the middle of each individual comb, allowing the honey to gravity drop out with the turn of a switch. Check into it!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=0_pj4cz2VJM
http://youtu.be/0_pj4cz2VJM

Thanks for sharing that Guru, very cool! I'm about ready to pull out the extractor, it sure would be nice to avoid that step. I would worry the bees would start diving into that jar after the honey, bee suicide, messy honey. It would be worth a try though, I'm happy all my hives made it through the winter, the girls are very happy, lots of drone cells in there too, isn't spring grand!

Nice pics fiogga.  I hope we don't have to wait until late May.  I don't have the room or patience to take care of them that long. 

Noah Yates said:
We are considering getting some bees!  Our cucumbers, squah, and melons would really appreciate it.

Check out building a top bar hive.  I have one in my garden.  Most of the pollinating is done by carpenter, bumble, sweat, mason bees and hover flies.  The honey bees are more into the herbs, trees and flowers.  I rarely see them on the curcubits and legumes. 

Back