• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2015 !!!!

I've narrowed my contestants from 53 to 7 to 2.  These are my great, noble hopes!
IMG_0489.JPG

D3monic said:
biggest still sitting around 10"

If I were you, I'd pot one of those up. Either one of those would have no trouble dominating a 6" square pot before plant out. More roots = easier to harden off, less transplant shock, shortened recovery time, quicker resume in growth.
     edit: They're ready, man! You can't pull any punches if you're gonna win this thing! Do it! Do it! Do it!  :drunk:

I got a big head start in planting & put this in the ground almost 2 weeks ago. Some of the plants here (PaulG's for instance) look better than mine. Planted mine in December & after they got to a certain size & I realized it was too far from plant out date for my indoor space, I backed the light off a little so they'd sort of coast into plant out date. Today, I got this with 2 more on the way very soon. Bit me a little more than I expected. Hiccups. First fresh pod since Fall. 
20150423_143608_zpsgauxb79v.jpg

PaulG said:
The LOT has been battered with weather and aphids, but is beginning
to stretch out now that the pot is filled with roots:
_DSC2778a_zpsnsavpngf.jpg
this growdown is gonna be tough to win! nice plant
coachspencerxc said:
I got a big head start in planting & put this in the ground almost 2 weeks ago. Some of the plants here (PaulG's for instance) look better than mine. Planted mine in December & after they got to a certain size & I realized it was too far from plant out date for my indoor space, I backed the light off a little so they'd sort of coast into plant out date. Today, I got this with 2 more on the way very soon. Bit me a little more than I expected. Hiccups. First fresh pod since Fall. 
20150423_143608_zpsgauxb79v.jpg
nice looking pod you got there!

wayright said:
Dem BGNs is workin out nice for ya Romy! 

Your AG plant is perfect bro

photo_zpsa4d3acbc.jpg

McCraighead,,if you wanna send a sasbe, I'll get you some new seeds to kill  ;)

Kevin
Kevin, Can I send you a SASBE for some seeds please?  I had one seedling for about a month and it just fell over.  I don't know what's happening but I don't feel like quitting yet.  

mcraighead said:
Kevin, Can I send you a SASBE for some seeds please?  I had one seedling for about a month and it just fell over.  I don't know what's happening but I don't feel like quitting yet.  

Sure thing,,PM sent

:cool:
Kevin

Jeff H said:
So, certainly someone, or many of you, have eaten this pepper before. Is this just a large version of a thai pepper with the same general taste and heat range or is it different?
Very sweet pepper for a thai. Heat is on the medium side for an annum. Thick fleshed with good flavor. Nice pepper.

Back