contest Growdown Throwdown 2015 !!!!

twilliams386 said:
Question. Can we start some seeds and save others for the growdown, then just keep isolated and labeled and what not?
That is a big fat negative !!!!!! Contest is 8 months long plenty of time and too easy to manipulate . 

romy6 said:
That is a big fat negative !!!!!! Contest is 8 months long plenty of time and too easy to manipulate .
Rats.

Haha fair enough, figured I'd ask anyway.
So then can I grow multiple and pick from the tallest one I have?

Geonerd said:

PSSST.....

Since you were nice enough to send me some seeds a few weeks ago (did you get my return envelope yet?), I'm going to share some very important information with you. 

The secret is in the fertilizer.

Shhh!  Don't tell anyone else here, but this stuff makes a killer foliar spray!

Roundup.jpg
Oh that's the secret...I won't tell anyone,gotta go to the garden center and load up on that stuff.Bright and early real stealth like.

oh I did receive mail Thankyou.I thought I Pm'd you so sorry.

Pr0digal_son said:
Is anyone else interested in participating? I think all of the participants have their seeds or will have them by the beginning of next week.

Jamie, you might post a note in the other forum sections.  Some folks don't read the Glogs very often. (At least I don't always - there are so many to read...)

So.  About these regular updates...  how often do we post pictures of the contestants?... and do we post the updates here... or in a seperate growlog that we would create for this challenge?  Also, I will be employing the method of selecting the best specimens to keep for the contest after about a month of watching almost a whole tray of them grow.  At that point I will have 9  Large Orange Thai plants to take pictures of, but my question is should I take individual pictures of each of the 55 possible peppers that could be in the final 9... or would it be sufficient to just take a group shot of all of the plants together in the weeks before my selection?

Noah Yates said:
So.  About these regular updates...  how often do we post pictures of the contestants?... and do we post the updates here... or in a seperate growlog that we would create for this challenge?  Also, I will be employing the method of selecting the best specimens to keep for the contest after about a month of watching almost a whole tray of them grow.  At that point I will have 9  Large Orange Thai plants to take pictures of, but my question is should I take individual pictures of each of the 55 possible peppers that could be in the final 9... or would it be sufficient to just take a group shot of all of the plants together in the weeks before my selection?

Yes.  ;)

We only ask that you post a pic at least once a month,,doesnt matter if it a group shot or a single plant,,after a few months you will likely have an idea of the plant or plants that will carry you

You will post any piccys here for us all to enjoy

Of course there is only going to be one winner,,that said,,we all want to see each others plants no matter how big they are,that is the fun part, everyone will be involved,the past 2 years a few folks dropped out,,,what fun is that?

We are all here to see peppers in any stage of growth right?

Main rule is have fun,talk trash and stay active  :cool:

Invite anyone you know to join! 

Kevin

In the true spirit of our Growdown

One of our newest members,Yellowfin, has already added a gift to the prize package for the winner this season,,and one for me  :cool:

Knowing that sauces and peppers would be given,Derrick went the other way and offered one of his handcrafted cutting boards to chop your winnings on! 

This one is mine  :)

Me and Derrick agree the Box Flame Elder Wood is more suited to our spicy contest

Thank you Derrick, so glad I got to intercept these from the mailman  :cheers:

Still room for more to join the Growdown!

:cool:
Kevin

wayright said:

One of our newest members,Yellowfin, has already added a gift to the prize package for the winner this season,,and one for me  :cool:

Knowing that sauces and peppers would be given,Derrick went the other way and offered one of his handcrafted cutting boards to chop your winnings on! 

This one is mine  :)

Me and Derrick agree the Box Flame Elder Wood is more suited to our spicy contest

Thank you Derrick, so glad I got to intercept these from the mailman  :cheers:

Still room for more to join the Growdown!

Kevin
Oh that's gonna be a nice addition to my pepper station

wayright said:

Kevin

That's awesome.  Thanks, Yellowfin!  :)

CHOP-ing blocks?  Hassan like.  Hassan LIKE!!

HassanLike.jpg

For those unfamiliar with Hassan...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlMJfX_V6Ic

Back