• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2017 Aji Lemon Drop!

Seeing as I'm an impatient git, I decided to pull apart a root riot cube to see it'll there was any stirrings in my lemon drops and I'm glad to report that one has decided to stick its feet out into the world the others are still being lazy. I'll pop a pic up when dad duties are done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got something.

31842373190_23209cf08e_b_d.jpg

Awesome pics, everyone!

Finally coaxed a couple out of the Jiffy
Pellets - has been colder in the garage
lately , so things are going a bit slower
in the germination chambers even with
The heating mat.

Anyway, in for penny, in for a pound:

IMG_4625.JPG

I put 5 LD seeds in, nothing so far....all the other Aji varieties have popped though.

Almost every other seed variety I am growing has popped as well except the Rocotos.....just have to give the Lemon drops a little more time I guess.  ;)

Still waiting for my seeds from Tradewinds, should be here tomorrow. However my Lemon Drops from WhiteHotPeppers are breaking through now. It'll be fun to grow both and compare them. I can have my own contest against myself
IMG_1298.JPG

Paper towel in baggie on the 3rd, planted on the 7th, up on the 10th. I think I finally have a pretty good setup here this year.

Still nothing from the other two seeds.  How can one pop in less than 5 days while others in an identical environment take twice (and counting) longer?   :confused:

Guess I need to turn the heat up another notch!  :D

Miracle Gro All Purpose 24-8-16.   Last year's growdown someone recommended to plant directly into it for an early boost... but that year I had already planted into promix.  This year I decided to give the miracle gro a shot.  I can see the logic.

Noah Yates said:
Miracle Gro All Purpose 24-8-16.   Last year's growdown someone recommended to plant directly into it for an early boost... but that year I had already planted into promix.  This year I decided to give the miracle gro a shot.  I can see the logic.
You might have to grow them in the fridge to keep them from burning up!

Back