• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2018 Yellow Brain Strain!

Noooope just couldn't do it.   :mope:

Final total:

5,661  = ((76) + 5,585

It has been an honor growing with yall this season!  A big thank you to Guru for hosting!  :cheers:

oW3dhCd.jpg

CMJ said:
Good finish man! I actually had you to win it.

Pepper-Guru said:
I did too actually...

But now that he didn't....

I appreciate the confidence!  (Just wish I had delivered)  :) 

If I do a post-mortem like nascar (e.g. eh car was loose all day just couldn't get grip going into turn 3...)

I think the soil was depleted soon after moving the plant inside.  I don't think my feeding was robust enough.
The aphids really took a toll.  If I had ordered ladybugs sooner, I may have been able to mitigate the aphids sooner.
There were a couple of nights that I accidentally turned off the heater power strip.  That probably didn't help.

:dance:

Well there you have it[emoji23]
NeedsWork said:

I appreciate the confidence!  (Just wish I had delivered)  :) 

If I do a post-mortem like nascar (e.g. eh car was loose all day just couldn't get grip going into turn 3...)

I think the soil was depleted soon after moving the plant inside.  I don't think my feeding was robust enough.
The aphids really took a toll.  If I had ordered ladybugs sooner, I may have been able to mitigate the aphids sooner.
There were a couple of nights that I accidentally turned off the heater power strip.  That probably didn't help.

:dance:

Thoughts on the variety? Overall impression? Interested in hearing what yall think. Very likely too hot for some but what about the flavor?

Production wise, I think it did well. Perhaps not as good as the lemon drop or serlano or Birgit locoto in terms of total kilos pumped out but man you cant say shes a small plant or light producer by any means. Huge 20g pods!

Here I am in the eleventh hour! I may have been fairly M.I.A. the last 4/5 months, but I have not forgotten the friends at THP.

My GDTD is not what I had hoped and I am certainly scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of finishes, but I owe it to all things spicy to show my accomplishments...  :dance: .

I present my fellow pepper growers with my 4 yellow brain strains

Best pepper (pheno)
pBYlunE.jpg

Be in awe of my growing skills!
N3W9FXU.jpg

44 grams!!!! :rolleyes:

I suppose I owe a little backstory:
By the beginning of October my GDTD plant was pretty big and loaded with green immature pods (maybe an expected 175 - 200 gram yield). Due to weather I had to bring it inside and of course the lack of light (northern basement window) caused it to drop most of it's fruit. About half of the pods that it didn't drop ended up just drying up and molding and the pods that remained took forever to ripen. I picked the only 4 good looking pods and weighed them around Dec 10.

Here's to next year. I need to get back to my party  :drunk:

I considered weighing my last bunch yesterday, but I promise the were still half green, and I would rather plant-ripened pods to put on/in stuff than a few more grams that wouldn't get me anywhere.

But my plant is alive and mostly well, still. Some of the leaves look a little less happy because it hasn't been brought in with my smaller plants for the light freezes. It's shooting out new growth even, and it hasn't gotten any nutes in a bit too long due to family being helpful and watering for me  :lol: 

But the damn things are yellow this morning anyway. Oh well, fresh peppers for the new year! These could've been weighed:

nILevPvl.jpg
eYfGZh9l.jpg
Eeo4hSAl.jpg

There were more like a dozen of them a week or so ago, I can only assume wildlife found them... and regretted it. :rofl:
I would have gotten over 100g at least.

But that was last year. I hope to bring it for 2019! :hell: :hell: :hell:

Better late than never, Liz!

Those are nice looking pods, in any case.
Enjoy your New Year's bounty!

Better late than never, Liz!

Those are nice looking pods, in any case.
Enjoy your New Year's bounty!

Back