• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2019 Sri Lanka - Chilli Red!

Just grafted all my plants together to make it one.. that's cool right guru? Lol

Attachments

• 20190402_200558.jpg
    20190402_200558.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 44
Ghost Pepper Revolution said:
 It truly is, they are indeed a nodey pepper :dance:
Speaking of nodes, larger SLR has a
nice strong fork at the crown:
EA07902C-AB15-45A5-AE57-FD2166931302.jpeg

The other SLR was slow to split at the stalk
crown, but when it did, BOOM! Triplets! I can
feel the boot-quaking from here.
05447E28-7982-47A9-883A-3499400CEA84.jpeg

I used smaller clear cups last year. I had problems but I dont think it was from them being clear, it was cause they were small. And I wasn't feeding enough, I think.

You will probably get some algae, but I dont think it really causes problems. Ive seen rockwool completely covered in algae with decent plants in it.

And I do like being able to see the roots. If I had money I would invent pots with a clear liner inside a black pot, so you could lift out the clear part and check for moisture/root development. If someone takes my idea, just kick me back some royalties, or lifetime free pots.

stettoman said:
Ok, my guys, one month old...

attachicon.gif
2019-04-05 09.10.19.jpg

I like the clear Solo cups, easy root inspection. I hope I'm not going to regret it; I put ALL my peppers in them this year...
Looking good and maybe youll have a cobra hybrid
You wont regret it and I agree since this was my second year in clear cups I saw no issues either. Only algae issue I had was due to fox farms nutes, dyna gro didnt have algae issue once I switched.

Walchit said:
I used smaller clear cups last year. I had problems but I dont think it was from them being clear, it was cause they were small. And I wasn't feeding enough, I think.

You will probably get some algae, but I dont think it really causes problems. Ive seen rockwool completely covered in algae with decent plants in it.

And I do like being able to see the roots. If I had money I would invent pots with a clear liner inside a black pot, so you could lift out the clear part and check for moisture/root development. If someone takes my idea, just kick me back some royalties, or lifetime free pots.
I like seeing the roots too, helps gauge if they are root bound and need to get transplanted. I like your idea too...

Back