• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2019 Sri Lanka - Chilli Red!

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:
So last night my SLCRs were floppy so I figured overheated, its occurred before but usually by 6am theyre back up again. This morning after a night of rain they were still droopy, even when I got home they were droopy. Now I go back out and all of a sudden Big Mac is coming back up. Im not sure what will happen once the normal heat returns. I cut off old leaves and took the ripe pods and there isnt a single aphid on this thing, I see none. Heres my first weigh in and pics of before and pic of after, my runt SLCR isnt phased so theoretically if this one goes I might have one but would be back at square one and guru would have to approve the swap otherwise Im out for good.

Little Mac
LmqFW0U.jpg

Big Mac flop
C3zSmsz.jpg

Big Mac miracle?
IlylC8q.jpg

Midget Mac
gQGjFCm.jpg

First ripe weight 12g
hDUqlWH.jpg

mPbWh40.jpg
We want midget mac! Hope your plants recover have you tried the pepper yet? If so how was it?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

This morning after a night of rain they were still droopy, even when I got home they were droopy. Now I go back out and all of a sudden Big Mac is coming back up.
I mentioned this in guru's Facebook page but I'll ask it here too to see what the others think. Is it possible your plants caught a whiff of herbicide drift? I vaguely remember this subject being brought up in TrentL growlog from last season. Apparently SOME herbicides can be counteracted by watering the hell out of the affected plants. It rang a bell after seeing you mention that it's bouncing back after a night of rain. Just a thought.

Masher said:
Grow grow grow....dont give up.

50/50 diesel and bleach should have her blooming in no time
Oh Im not giving up but unfortunately last year I lost half my pepper plants to this and 6 this year so far. Although the Reaper is starting to grow again despite being the first to be infected and segregated.

Sinn said:
We want midget mac! Hope your plants recover have you tried the pepper yet? If so how was it?

Midget Mac will probably outlast the others cuz it has come to the brink and returned
I didnt try the pepper yet, tomorrow I plan on a full summary of this guy which I do look forward to

:cheers:

So last night my SLCRs were floppy so I figured overheated, its occurred before but usually by 6am theyre back up again. This morning after a night of rain they were still droopy, even when I got home they were droopy. Now I go back out and all of a sudden Big Mac is coming back up. Im not sure what will happen once the normal heat returns. I cut off old leaves and took the ripe pods and there isnt a single aphid on this thing, I see none. Heres my first weigh in and pics of before and pic of after, my runt SLCR isnt phased so theoretically if this one goes I might have one but would be back at square one and guru would have to approve the swap otherwise Im out for good.

Little Mac
LmqFW0U.jpg

Big Mac flop
C3zSmsz.jpg

Big Mac miracle?
IlylC8q.jpg

Midget Mac
gQGjFCm.jpg

First ripe weight 12g
hDUqlWH.jpg

mPbWh40.jpg

Ah yes. My algorithms seem to be working perfectly in this nano tech. I've set everyone's plants to abort upon first weigh in! 

PaulG said:

That's awesome! Hold on to those pointy-y up-y ones! Want to watch those carefully! Only weigh the down-y point-y ones for the purpose of the grow down tally. 

Edmick said:
I mentioned this in guru's Facebook page but I'll ask it here too to see what the others think. Is it possible your plants caught a whiff of herbicide drift? I vaguely remember this subject being brought up in TrentL growlog from last season. Apparently SOME herbicides can be counteracted by watering the hell out of the affected plants. It rang a bell after seeing you mention that it's bouncing back after a night of rain. Just a thought.

That's what I'm thinking. 

Oh Im not giving up but unfortunately last year I lost half my pepper plants to this and 6 this year so far. Although the Reaper is starting to grow again despite being the first to be infected and segregated.

Midget Mac will probably outlast the others cuz it has come to the brink and returned
I didnt try the pepper yet, tomorrow I plan on a full summary of this guy which I do look forward to

:cheers:

So there's a history of this happening?! Ok dude...someone sprayed something and you got drift...gotta be...leaves not falling off yet though? Generally, with herbicides, lots of water flushing may help save them...may... 

For the growdown...just weigh whatever point-y down-y pods you get on any plant that makes it through whatever is going on there. Sorry about that dude. My guess is a neighbor that just applied treatments to lawn, had beds cleaned out, sprayed driveway cracks...etc you can smell it in the air...follow your nose...but don't breath in too much, ha

Pepper-Guru said:

Ah yes. My algorithms seem to be working perfectly in this nano tech. I've set everyone's plants to abort upon first weigh in! 
   I have hired Russian and Chinese hackers to attack and neutralize your weak algorithms!

That's awesome! Hold on to those pointy-y up-y ones! Want to watch those carefully! Only weigh the down-y point-y ones for the purpose of the grow down tally. 
   Will def grow both out. The pendant pods will be the grow down plant. Wish it was the bigger plant. The other plant is twice as big!

For the growdown...just weigh whatever point-y down-y pods you get on any plant that makes it through whatever is going on there. Sorry about that dude. My guess is a neighbor that just applied treatments to lawn, had beds cleaned out, sprayed driveway cracks...etc you can smell it in the air...follow your nose...but don't breath in too much, ha
Yep. Being broadleaf plants, Round-up type
herbicides do a number on them. Very possible
they caught a whiff in the wind. Round-up does
it's magic in a few hours, so it may have been another
type that took longer to act and so the rain washed it
off in time. Hoping for a full recovery for your plants,
whatever the cause, Gipper!

saiias said:
Sorry to hear about this.. Am I?

Can we expect a review video from you GPR?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks or no thanks?
I almost made a video but had company lol. Not a bad pepper, cayenne heat with Chinese flavor. It wasnt too seedy and would be a nice hot sauce pepper, itd be good on a pepperjack or sharp cheddar omelette.

Little Mac recovery, thank God
xMts0NQ.jpg

Big Mac
t0ww4QQ.jpg

Y3FK52r.jpg

9FhSchZ.jpg

Thanks or no thanks?
I almost made a video but had company lol. Not a bad pepper, cayenne heat with Chinese flavor. It wasnt too seedy and would be a nice hot sauce pepper, itd be good on a pepperjack or sharp cheddar omelette.

Little Mac recovery, thank God
xMts0NQ.jpg

Big Mac
t0ww4QQ.jpg

Y3FK52r.jpg

9FhSchZ.jpg

I'm really glad to see your plants have perked back up. I know you put a ton of work into them. And congrats on the first ripe pods :dance:

Now hit them with some Diesel and lets get them back in the game!

CaneDog said:

I wasn't sure if I should like this post or not.  On the one hand, it's great that your contest pepper has spider mites, but it kinda sucks that you're on top of it and will probably eradicate them quickly.   :)
Pffft them ain't no spider mites [emoji6]

CaneDog said:

I wasn't sure if I should like this post or not.  On the one hand, it's great that your contest pepper has spider mites, but it kinda sucks that you're on top of it and will probably eradicate them quickly.   :)
Been getting them every year for about the past 4 years. They get on the pepper plants but really love my zucchini and squash plants. Easy to kill and control though. Will probably never get totally rid of them but in small numbers they're pretty harmless I've noticed

Back