• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2020 - Fatalii

Mr.joe said:
Small as it is it's larger than the one pod on my throwdown plant. Hang in there, those hydro plants really have a way of taking off... especially if you use pure vinegar as solution.
Vinegar?  I thought we were supposed to be using battery acid.  Now I gotta make a run to the grocery store!

PaulG said:
No wonder my plant is so small.
I haven't been using any vinegar.

Same here, Paul.  I think we were given wrong information.  Seems like a lot of misinformation in this throw down.

Tybo said:
Vinegar?  I thought we were supposed to be using battery acid.  Now I gotta make a run to the grocery store!

Same here, Paul.  I think we were given wrong information.  Seems like a lot of misinformation in this throw down.
More than one way to skin a cat

This is my rifle (fatalii), there are many like it, but this one is mine (will win).

CohtCTbh.jpg

Picked my first grow down fatalii today.  

IMG_2410.jpeg

It's not typical fatalii shape but there is a green one on the plant that is.  The green one is also bigger.  
I chopped this one up and had it on a bowl of black beans and rice with andouille for dinner tonight.  It added a lot of heat and flavor.  

2 grams.

My scale only seems to round up or down.  Should I look for a scale that is more accurate?  Any ideas for a decent scale?

I have one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LGWHNBG although it was nearer $13 when I bought it last year. I also got one of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZKJQSG9 and paid $2 more than the current price. I guess the price varies a lot.

Both are supposedly good to 0.01g but I don't believe it, more like 0.05g. But they're perfect for me, weighing out hydro nutes etc to the nearest 0.5g. And they're somewhat rugged so take a little knock etc. Not sure if they would survive being dropped though.

Now I just need some fataliis to weigh!

Tybo said:
Thanks for the scale recommendations.  I have a reloader scale but the platter is so small.  Don't think I could use it to weigh peppers.
I'll check out the other options.
That scale is a Hornady one and I was wrong as it does grams to .001. I know it will register light stuff because if I set it on grains it will weigh a piece of hair. This one is about 6 years old.

Tybo said:
Thanks for the scale recommendations.  I have a reloader scale but the platter is so small.  Don't think I could use it to weigh peppers.
I'll check out the other options.
Hey, Ty. I wouldn't worry about it for this competition.
The differences between grows is probably large
enough to render those little rounding errors insignificant.

Abrown099 said:
Y'all ready? Gonna be some high yields off these dudes.

Well, you’ve all seen the winner plant, my main SSE in the 202 gallon bag, but wait till you get a load of this specials entry specifically for mr ABrown whom I lured in from Facebook to join us. This will be my official face off growdown 2.0 contender genetically modified to destroy Mr Brown and his hopes of ever winning. Get ready.... feast your eyes on the June 19th plant out.....be afraid, be very afraid!

50023655947_b8123c8f78_k_d.jpg

Back