• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2020 - Fatalii

Well, I got a few yesterday, last week we had a couple of nights of upper 30°f temps and a couple of low 40's. I still looks like I may get a couple more pulls. 
Anyway, 29 pods at 166g for a total of 1062 pods and 6241.29g.

759714A5-0B60-490A-948E-7CCDA9EE7DF8.jpeg

Peppergator, where are you? I figured you would be weighing in seeing as to how you have that balmy warm weather down there!

skullbiker said:
Thanks, but did you miss post #937?
The bar is still out of my reach. Now I wonder what might have happened if I had used one of those GIANT grow bags like Guru  Hmmmmmmm    :think:
I am so used to Rich's bizarre totals
they don't even register anymore  :D

Sinn said:
Use a huge bag for next year's growdown

https://amazon.com/dp/B008X0M2NW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_Hj12FbTE1M8JS

[emoji16]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Do it!!! Trust me!!!

PaulG said:
Man, some of those big containers would
take almost a yard of soil!

That’s exactly what I used, one ton/cubic yard of humus.

ColdSmoke said:
UyncFzDl.jpg

1,256 + 372 = 1,628 grand total

Not a lot but still too many for me...I gave almost all of them away. I am experimenting with a new way to ferment peppers. I will share shortly. Super easy method
I think your phenotypes looked the best!

So here is a really simple way to ferment your peppers. You dont have to worry about keeping the peppers under water or using an air lock or anything. Simply chop them up, weigh them, add 3% of that weight in kosher salt, mix in a bowl and vacuum seal. In about 5 days you'll see your vac bag full of CO2 from the off gas. Simple cut the corner of the bag, push the gas out and re-seal (do not vacuum again as there will be juices). You will probably have to do this a few times. The environment is completely sealed so no  bad bugs or oxygen can get in.

EWemQssl.jpg

You can I have resealed this one a couple times. Enjoy!

Great idea, Jeremy. I hope you will
show the finished product.

Great sunny day here today.
How's it in your neighborhood?

The pods have gotten a little smaller lately and the plant is now dropping some leaves. I've had 4 nights below 40°f in the last two weeks. I see a few green pods yet and 3 days to go. I don't know if I'll hit the next milestone or not.
58 pods at 282g for a total of 1174 pods and 6838.29g

8F7B6CE1-AB9E-4436-8BE0-0ACA4AD029D0.jpeg

Back