• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2023

You agree to send your SASBE for the seeds, to PARTICIPATE and send back bulk seeds to me.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Bou
This just showed up on my doorstep.
0122241721.jpg

Thanks a bunch Bou!
The sauce definitely smells deadly and I mistakenly tried a dollup on a cracker. :fireball:
I haven't heard of the rocoto quantash. Will be fun growing those with the mini-rocoto and the sweet peppers.
:cheers:

Oh yeah, you burned like a king, this shall teach you to ignore my warnings (Reaper genetics here)👊😂 It's a little thicker than it should be, so feel free to "thin it" to your liking.

As for the R. Quantash, I got them as a freebie from Gorol Chilli but I have never grown them because Rocotos are much too slow for my short season!

1705969686934.png

Last edited:
Yea, it is pretty thick and it stuck around for a while. :) I have a greenhouse so I can start rocotos early and have a longer season.

Do a blind choice. Have people vote based on the first letter of the pepper only. Pepper A, Pepper D, Pepper S, etc. You don't know what you are voting for, but may have an idea, or you may be totally surprised.

No Pepper X, not looking to get sued 😂

No worries, we can just grow it by it's true name. 😂

@Bou
This just showed up on my doorstep.
0122241721.jpg

Thanks a bunch Bou!
The sauce definitely smells deadly and I mistakenly tried a dollup on a cracker. :fireball:
I haven't heard of the rocoto quantash. Will be fun growing those with the mini-rocoto and the sweet peppers.
:cheers:

This is awesome.

Oh yeah, you burned like a king, this shall teach you to ignore my warnings (Reaper genetics here)👊😂 It's a little thicker than it should be, so feel free to "thin it" to your liking.

As for the R. Quantash, I got them as a freebie from Gorol Chilli but I have never grown them because Rocotos are much too slow for my short season!

1705969686934.png

Did you get any Locopica lines from him? Curious as to how those lines I sent his way are growing for others.
Well, I'm afraid this competition might be in jeopardy as it looks like @Pepper-Guru just made it to the big leagues...😅

PG_BUSY_AF.JPG

😂😂😂

Is it just me, or is it hilarious that out of all the "breeders" on the show claiming accidental crosses as their "creation", the only one that actually knew how to properly emasculate was Aurea? I mean, how bad ass is she!? She's a gem among thieves. I bet that sauce she made was awesome and good for her if the deal with Church's actually comes to fruition!

I dig what the Johnny Capsaicin dude was trying to put together here though. His story arc with traveling the states to find the best breeders, making the best crosses. Sound's familiar, but with a spin. Maybe next season they will find better botanists, breeders or growers. Something tells me they aren't really going for reality though, and it's more of a series long ad for various small business. Which is fine. I love it. Imagine how much crossover viewership you could add to the bank roll if it wasn't glaringly ridiculous to a more versed audience. I felt bad for the Tom Broome character. It seemed like he actually knew a thing or two.

One more thing...if the two main characters are consistently reminding the audience that they are "about the science", "hplc this", and "capsaicin that", wouldn't you expect more of the science and less of the make believe, making pepper people look silly stuff? Just seems like they tried stuffing this bird too full. Again, happy for them all. Loved the camera work. That was done extremely well.

Anyway, as for the Growdown 2024, I like @The Hot Pepper 's idea. Why don't I just make a mystery poll and then everyone votes for a letter? Only I know if I switched it in the end ;)😜. I will need a helper this year though. I've been busy and will be out of country end of this month so, I'll need a seed distributer to come forward and accept that role. I'll send them enough packets for only those who vote and agree to the same rules we ALWAYS GO BY.

Here's the poll! https://thehotpepper.com/threads/mystery-growdown-throwdown-2024.77444/

Last edited:
No worries, we can just grow it by it's true name. 😂

This is awesome.

Did you get any Locopica lines from him? Curious as to how those lines I sent his way are growing for others.

😂😂😂

Is it just me, or is it hilarious that out of all the "breeders" on the show claiming accidental crosses as their "creation", the only one that actually knew how to properly emasculate was Aurea? I mean, how bad ass is she!? She's a gem among thieves. I bet that sauce she made was awesome and good for her if the deal with Church's actually comes to fruition!

I dig what the Johnny Capsaicin dude was trying to put together here though. His story arc with traveling the states to find the best breeders, making the best crosses. Sound's familiar, but with a spin. Maybe next season they will find better botanists, breeders or growers. Something tells me they aren't really going for reality though, and it's more of a series long ad for various small business. Which is fine. I love it. Imagine how much crossover viewership you could add to the bank roll if it wasn't glaringly ridiculous to a more versed audience. I felt bad for the Tom Broome character. It seemed like he actually knew a thing or two.

One more thing...if the two main characters are consistently reminding the audience that they are "about the science", "hplc this", and "capsaicin that", wouldn't you expect more of the science and less of the make believe, making pepper people look silly stuff? Just seems like they tried stuffing this bird too full. Again, happy for them all. Loved the camera work. That was done extremely well.

Anyway, as for the Growdown 2024, I like @The Hot Pepper 's idea. Why don't I just make a mystery poll and then everyone votes for a letter? Only I know if I switched it in the end ;)😜. I will need a helper this year though. I've been busy and will be out of country end of this month so, I'll need a seed distributer to come forward and accept that role. I'll send them enough packets for only those who vote and agree to the same rules we ALWAYS GO BY.

Here's the poll! https://thehotpepper.com/threads/mystery-growdown-throwdown-2024.77444/

I can handle the distribution.

Back